2.16.2010

Blossoms

My favorite thing about February (blossoming trees) is finally coinciding with blue skies and sun bright enough to make us squint. 

And a trip down memory lane (the kind of lane dripping with pink blossoms).

9 comments:

joan said...

lovely pictures...got to know, did you plan her pink shirt for those photos? very lovely!

hannah m said...

totally didn't plan it! didn't even make the connection til i read your comment!

Kristi said...

Gorgeous pink blossoms and gorgeous pink, squinty Viv! Speaking of Viv... ooh... how I adore her... so very, very much.

Hannah... I just went down memory lane... all of them. I am so very grateful that you did that. I loved seeing/reading it all, but I absolutely connected to the post on 2.20.08 - "Thoughts on Blogging." What a wonderful post about why we blog. Some people ask, "How do you have the time?" or say, "I don't get the whole 'blog' thing." And while the answer is often that I blog during "odd" hours, the truth is, I would be blogging regardless... I make the time. And, yes, I am addicted. But I am addicted to blogging because of so many things that you touched on in your wonderfully written post. And, what's so bad about that? It's a healthy addiction for me! Connection, perspective, remembering, tasting life and moments twice (or more), details, creativity, sisterhood...
Your writing, my friend... always speaks to me... and I am eternally grateful that you do it.

I just love going back in time with you... before I knew you and Viv. Even though I've clicked my way through a lot of Benbo, I hadn't yet read that post. :-)

Michele said...

I am so jealous! We have neither blue skies nor pink blossoms right now. Only enormous piles of dirty snow. Sigh.

Erin said...

I'm loving this Spring weather. Spring has always been my favorite season and it is so sweet to enjoy these sunny days and beautiful blooms in February. I LOVE your 6 month letter to Viv. I love the photos, the memories, the conversations. It warmed my heart. These letters are such a gift. I know Viv will treasure them always.

Crystal M. said...

Oh how I wish we had that going on here!!!!

Sara said...

Do I ever wish we had blossoming trees here in Wisconsin!!! Since we don't I am glad I get to live vicariously through you. :) Beautiful pictures!!!

Leslie, Arlin and Katie Kauffman said...

With almost two feet of snow still on the ground here in Ohio, I love looking at all your "spring" pictures! Can't wait 'til those beautiful blossoms get here! At least we have sunshine and blue skies today--our first in weeks!

Jennie said...

Absolutely beautiful Hannah! These photos put a big smile on my face.