*Waiting--it sounds so much prettier, so much more hopeful in Spanish, doesn't it?
We have waited. And we are waiting.
We were at the hospital for five hours before Vivian's surgery started. Thankfully, she was with us that entire time, getting snuggled and rocked. She was nothing short of amazing, given that she hadn't eaten since 5AM this morning. Sleepy times and quiet alert times and even some smiles.
A little before 4:00 the kind-eyed, white bearded anesthesiologist with a lovely accent came to get us. I walked Vivian in my arms over to the entrance of the operating room. Vince and I hugged and kissed our daughter. Told her, "Be strong." And I will not even begin to try and describe what handing her over felt like. There are no words.
I know she is in strong and competent hands. And speaking of strong and competent hands, a nurse practitioner just came to tell us that the surgeon had just been called in. Before getting put under, she said Vivian was calmly looking all around the OR and loved the crinkle of the doctor's mask. That's our baby! She loves the sound of crinkling paper.
It'll probably be 10:00 tonight before we know more. Thank you for your love and good energy. We can feel it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Your strength is amazing- must be were Vivian gets it from! Love to Mama and Daddy as you wait and lots of good thoughts and prayers for Vivian.
i've been reading your lovely blog for awhile and now i can't look at a squirrel without thinking of you and your wonderful girl. so sorry we haven't met her yet!
our love and thoughts are with you.
much love
ami (andy's wife)
ps
i went to see tori a couple weeks ago and thought of you and vince.
The crinkle! I love it. Vivi SO rocks. I'm thinking of you pretty much nonstop tonight!
i'm so glad you wrote some words - thank you hannah for your strength. love. prayers. hope.
I'm with you in thought & spirit, hannah, vince, & vivian...thanks for keeping us posted. xoxo Susan
I can just see the sweet look on her face when the mask went crinkle! We are continuing to send our virtual hugs and positive thoughts! I know you'll be holding her again any moment now!
Post a Comment