10.17.2011

A Pretty Good Day

Thankful for:

some creative time with my mom while Viv played happily (no school today) and Luke! actually! napped! (twice!):
Dinner at the park with my sweetiest sweeties who were happy! and! content!:
 
 Thankful for the 365ish days that led from this:
 (and he looked like this that day:)
to this:
Creative time = oxygen mask = a pretty good day for all of us

Last night I watched Viv's walking video, had a good cry and my heart softened.  Viv's four-ness has been hard for me.  I have not been so impressed with my mothering lately.  To remember:
 Vivian is "rising from her shell/running to spring/it is her time."
(Ribbons Undone/Tori Amos)


7 comments:

greta ott said...

hannah, my wish would be that you wouldn't be so hard on yourself. going from one baby to two needs a bit of adjustment. For all, including you. and vivian.
PS: that vivian video made me cry a little too. even though I have never met her in real life, i feel so proud of her and I continue to be in awe of both you and vince and your amazing parenting skills.
*hugs*

greta ott said...

oh and PS: I love that artwork in the first picture. Did you make that? I love it. details please!

Katie W said...

oh Hannah, I am so thankful for your creative time too!! Thank you, thank you for putting the flower together for us and making it come to life. No one will ever know that 2/3 year olds painted those petals!!
Can't thank you enough!!!

CSB said...

Hannah, I second Greta's comment. At least based on my own experience (and my baby naps!), it's your sleep deficit talking more than Viv's age. Baby-tiredness + older child brings out the worst impatience - it's awful sometimes! What you said was beautiful, but we all know that your star as a mom shines as bright as ever. Glad you are feelng refreshed.

aka-mama said...

I'm afraid to say it out loud but D's four-ness almost five (?!) is finally becoming enjoyable. I never would have believed it when people said " this too shall pass" but I am anxiously hoping it has!

I'm so glad you had a great morning with your mom and naps for Luke! ( hope you had a yummy treat too!)

Kristi said...

Yay for a pretty good day and remembering your oxygen mask!

As you know, I, too, wish for you to not be too hard on yourself. ;)

Susannah said...

love this post. love the benefit art. love you. and your little monkeys too!