I am having major writer's block as I sit here reflecting on the past year.
But it was a good year. My Vivian became Miss Independent. As 2010 started, we relished Viv putting a few words together, crawling confidently and taking a few tentative steps; she finished 2010 sharing ideas, walking and standing. She asserts her long awaited and worked for independence daily. This simultaneously exhausts and delights me daily.
The first clip in this video is from the day this summer when Vivian first walked. We had friends staying with us and Vivian got up and followed their dog Jenny down the hall to her room saying "Jenny, come back! Come back, Jenny!" She hasn't slowed down since.
The song is "Ribbons Undone" by Tori Amos. When Viv was a babe in arms, I listened to it and imagined Vivian walking. Today when I was poring over pictures and videos from this year, I remembered...so here is my ode to some of my special moments in 2010 (which include walking in the pet store and Target).
Wishing you a wonderful start to 2011.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

13 comments:
I just love what miss viv has accomplished this year! Can,t wait to see what this year has in store for her! It was so great to see her joining right in a d,s party!
Watching Viv walk made me choke back a few tears of joy, because that's how I felt when Jubilee started walking. Its so cute seeing her dance with that boy! :)
You need to put a warning label on that video, Hannah! I'm sitting here crying the ugly cry (and it's not just the hormones).
That was so fun getting to see Miss Vivian progress and I L-O-V-E-D that last part where she saw the little guy just standing by himself, not dancing, and she went over to include him. What an absolute sweetheart you have!
Happy New Year!
Oh my ! I'm tearing up too, when she ran up to that sweet little boy. I so love her!
Big smiles on my face throughout that whole video and in the end, big tears in my eyes as she danced... with the little boy!
Happy New Year!!!!
Kim Clatyon
Happy New Year, Hannah, Vince & Vivian!
Love the video! Vivian is SUCH a sweetie.
I had such a big grin on my face all through that video. She just looks so grown up now! Hope your 2011 is full of new blessings and progress!
Um... tears.
First, writer's block doesn't seem to affect you (I've got it, too... weird!). And even if it were affecting you, who cares when you have a video like that, friend?!
As I watched, tears, then smiles and more tears. I just LOVE your sweet girl. I love hearing your voice in the background of the video as you talk to Viv. I LOVE the song. And, in the end, at school, when Viv is finding her way back to the group after coming over to you -- that part just slayed me. That sweet little boy was watching her, just waiting. And, as she looked around, finding her way, she saw him, too. And then poof... dancing match made in heaven. The SWEETEST moment captured.
To think where she started last year and then where she started this year. A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.
Viv is so awesome! I love the part where she is in the park and she goes and gets her drink. So darling! What an awesome year you all had!!
What a year for your family. Keep it up. I love your blog. Always makes me smile.
Oh that's such a lovely thing to have put together. How you manage that, I don't know! I have 1000 of video clips and I have literally never watched any of them other than the ones I used to post a long time ago.So, you've inspired me (again again) to get going.
Just great seeing the progress there... beautiful and seeing Miss V going up to her friend at school is such a Reu thing to do that it was warming in such a familiar way.
I'm thinking of making it up but every time I tried to get up and see Miss M it went wrong my end. So I'm planning again soon and hopefully then we'll get to meet.
PS quality of vid is lovely. I've used so many different ones and lately Flips (slide then image stabiliser.. what do you use).
my heart is warmed by the joy in this viv video. imagine what the 2011 video will look like!
What a beautiful way of capturing some wonderful moments, thank you for sharing! You must be such a proud mama!
Post a Comment