6.02.2012

180 Days

I have watched this girl grow before my very eyes this school year.
(I probably say that after every school year.)
But seriously - the pants I bought her at the beginning of the school year were too small by Christmas. 
She has has grown in less physical ways, too.
In a year where my attention has been divided and sleep deprivation has been a theme (ahem), she has rallied: expressing love wholeheartedly, apologizing and forgiving, thinking of others before herself.  She has continued to find joy in our little moments: treasure walks, library trips, greeting a friend at school, snuggling up with a book.  Her articulation has greatly improved - she says "Luke" instead of "Lou," for example.  She loves to dramatize stories.  Her imagination soars.  She woke up for 180 days excited to go to school to see her friends and teachers. 
For all of this, I am so, so thankful.




2 comments:

Kristi said...

I LOVE her.
(Her face has changed so much, too! So much more big girl looking after 180 school days!)

Victoria Nelson said...

I loved catching up on all the most recent posts. They made me so happy seeing your precious children, and reading the happy, funny tidbits of life.
Thanks for making my day :)
Xo