5.07.2009

M in M : Peach



First peach of the season! Vivian's first fresh peach! (You know how I feel about peaches!)

I remember being at the park last summer with a friend who was feeding her kid a peach. And I remember wondering if we would ever get to that point with Vivian; I longed to get to the point where I could share in the simple joy of the perfect summer peach with my daughter. In my heart of hearts I knew we would - when she was ready - but it felt like so far off. Every day, several times a day, for months and months, I fed her spoonfuls of pureed fruits and veggies to no avail. Doctors and therapists hypothesized that maybe we hadn't found what tasted good to her - Had we tried pudding? fruit? avocado? But as Vivian shows me again and again, she'll do it in her own time. And isn't the sweet, perfect taste of a summer peach worth waiting for?

6 comments:

Kristi said...

So much to love about this...
- Signing Peach! :-) TOO cute!
- The Mmmmm picture is PERFECTION!
- I love the references to the older posts... and I cracked up at the "Get thee to thy nearest Costco!" Suggestion noted... and said item is now on my Costco list!
- Can you even believe how much Miss V has changed?! It's mind boggling... and you were right... all things in her own time! All she does is so worth the wait and when she does them, they're deliciously adorable!

angie said...

I miss you...and I love peaches!

Victoria Nelson said...

mmmm. it makes me want to eat vivian with how cute she is.
i love that girl, and i am so happy she was able to enjoy her first peach today.
just think about how much more you appreciate these moments after you have waited for them for so long...
love you my friend,
victoria

Leslie, Arlin and Katie Kauffman said...

Miss Vivian, you've been busy since I last checked in on you! I love that you are pulling up and cruising on the furniture now--WOW! Love seeing your mischief with the cookies and your enjoyment of spring peaches too. (Peaches are my favorite!) You are really making amazing progress!

P.S. Have I told you that you get more adorable every day? :-)

Little Miss Evie said...

Those peaches looks yummy!!! Vivian you are such a beautifull girl and your hair is getting sooo long now. You look as though you are fully enjoying those delicious, juicy peaches. Also, what a good job cleaning up after your mischief with the cookies. Even Evie's daddy still needs to learn that skill ;)

Crystal M. said...

YUMMY!! I can not wait to work with more soild fruits with Eva.
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva