Just got back from the park, where I was telling friends (with a twinge of lamenting) that Viv is opening her mouth for bites of food (yay!), but I'm not sure she has figured out swallowing pureed food yet (not so yay).
Opened a jar of sweet potatoes (because we "practice" 2-3 times a day). 5 bites. They didn't come right back out and down her chin as usual. So I'm thinking that unless she has hamster cheeks, Vivian has swallowed more than ever before.
The girl's got a plan. A sweet, sassy and surprising plan. And I should never doubt it.
10.06.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





9 comments:
How ultra cute!
I had to KEEP my family from feeding the kiddo when he was a couple months old.
I figured once he started, he'd never stop!
(as you can see from the recent post, he has developped a thing for peanut M&Ms... wonder how?)
I love the pictures - she looks like she's having great fun!
look at her with her very own spoon!
Yay, Vivian! You keep showing the way!
Sara
Yay Miss Vivian!! I love that you are holding the spoon all by yourself! What a big girl! You know your little buddy Diego never did take to eating mushy food. I kept 'practicing' but he just didn't seem to be interested. Remember the grape incident when we went out to breakfast together? He really should have been eating applesauce instead. And then there was the time he would have eaten your moms whole pastry rather than his little jars of mush. Can't wait to see you soon!
so nice to hear -- so exciting!
Yay!!! Good job Vivian -- keep up the good work! :)
~Erin + Hannah
Yay! Go Viv!
Yay, this is a huge milestone.
I seem to remember over a month ago you asked if we could meet up next time we were in town and I either didn't get back to you (hangs head in shame) or just THOUGHT about getting back to you and then my brain made the leap that I actually did it, or I stood you up?
Either way, I am sorry. I would still love to meet you and little V. We are getting our therapy schedules ironed out and are not in Palo ALto EVERY day but THursday... so we should put something on the books....
Have a great weekend!
So cute, you are doing a great job mom!!
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva
Post a Comment