6.18.2008

Get Thee to Your Nearest Costco


Peaches are here. I ate these all last summer as Benbo was growing in my belly. And they don't ever disappoint. My first box of the season is almost gone. Some tips:

  • Be sure to buy the yellow, not the white ones.
  • You may think you don't need 5 pounds of peaches, but you do. I promise you, you do.
  • Eat one whole, in half (my favorite), sliced or diced on high fiber cereal for breakfast (another favorite).
  • A few hours later, eat another one.
  • Make some of this Pinkberry inspired frozen yogurt, and top with peaches.
  • Restock as necessary. You may think it's silly to go to Costco for just one thing, but it's not. Not when it comes to these peaches.

4 comments:

angie said...

sold. it is now on my to do list! and more importantly, my to taste!

AmyK said...

OMG! I am so with you! I just bought some peaches, ate one and then sent a diced up one for Elliot to have on his cereal and when I told my dear husband he thought it was strange. I said, "you never used to put peaches on your cereal?" This then brought up the conversation around oatmeal and the dreaded peaches and cream flavor - ick. Sorry for rambling :)

LisaAnn said...

Hi Hannah, This is Lisa from RCSD. I've been lurking here, but this post made me finally leave you a comment. I was at Costco the other day and when I saw the peaches I thought of you. Remember last summer at our training and you would save your peach to get you through the last couple of hours.
I am so happy to see a healthy Vivian. (stomach issues aside)
Try to stay cool this too hot weekend.

Anonymous said...

I swear this is true: I joined Costco exclusively to gain access to their blueberries. Later in the summer (if they do what they've done for the last few years), they will start stocking Washington blueberries which are the best ever. I went yesterday because I thought they'd have them, but they're still carrying Florida ones - very disappointing. I'm a big blueberry fan, obviously...