5.15.2009

M in M : Gone at the Dish


Viv and I went walking through Stanford campus and hills today with a friend and her boys. Somewhere along the way we realized Viv's shoe was missing (the right one, of course*). My friend offered to re-trace our footsteps to find the strawberry shoe, but, frankly, it was time to let this shoe go. This poor shoe has been dropped in countless stores (and re-found), dropped on walks around the neighborhood (and re-found) and dropped in the car and the house (and re-found). I'm sure it is having all sorts of grand adventures with ground squirrels, jackrabbits and mountain lions at the Stanford Dish right about now.

I have missed hills. My little patch of suburbia is flat and I need to make a point to huff and puff up those hills. My legs are aching now and I love it.

*Direct your attention to Viv's right foot in just about any photo - chances are, the shoe is missing. It's her thing.

3 comments:

Landry said...

We'll go hike the Dish any day with you girls!

karolina said...

hannah, have you ever seen kids' mittens which are joined by a string, threaded up one sleeve and out the other? i'm wondering if the same could be done for vivian's shoes. :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/castrum89/348891394/

Crystal M. said...

Wow Vivian now that is talent!! LOL!
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva
PS I had a friends son once throw his shoe out the car window on the highway and it was lost forever. Now when I see a missing shoe on the side of the road or somewhere like that I will think of my friends son and Vivian...hee hee!