Vivian had a checkup with Dr. K, our cardiologist, today. Viv's heart is doing great, and the valve that Dr. Hanley made for Viv during her surgery looks strong.
Dr. K came to the hospital the morning after Vivian was born to check the heart murmur that had been detected. She broke the news to me about Vivian's heart defect. In the months leading up to Vivian's surgery we visited Dr. K every two weeks. My heart was always so heavy and I often cried on the way to those appointments. But Dr. K's quiet confidence and clear plan for Vivian's surgery with Dr. Hanley was a comfort during an agonizing time.
Dr. K loves Vivian and celebrates her milestones with me - she was there at the very beginning and will be there for years to come as we stretch Vivian's heart checkups out to every month, 3 months, 6 months and year.
5.14.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
You don't know me but I'm a old highschool friend of your sister, Sarah and she directed me to your blog about a month ago when I started blogging. While I did a some lurking for awhile, I thought I would formally say hello and that your daughter Vivian is beautiful and so lucky to have such a wonderful mom. I'm a big fan of your blog. It can be humorous, it's full of life and most importantly it's honest. Thanks so much for sharing your little moments (in May) :)
Its amazing the doctors that come into our lives with our kids and will be with them for a LONG time. That is why I will NEVER go anywhere else, our doctors KNOW Eva and no one else will know her like they do.
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva
Post a Comment