5.16.2009

M in M : Beans and Greens

What do you do to keep cool when it's HOT HOT HOT?

Play with dried beans in the morning while the house is still cooler than being outside. Scoop, plop, sort.


Eat dinner outside when it's cooler in the backyard than it is in the house. Make sure your freshly bathed self gets smothered and covered in avocado (and some yogurt for good measure).



BONUS M in M!

I had just put Viv to bed and was just getting set up with the laptop to upload today's photos for M in M when Miss V started crying. It escalated quickly (not usual for her), so I went in with some milk thinking she was still hungry, and this is what I saw (well, I saw it for a split second, then ran out to get Vince and the camera, and then this is what I saw):



Not super-duper surprising, given that she has been pulling herself up on anything and everything all on her own (!) since last night...but a milestone, nonetheless, that at times has felt like it was so, so far in the distance. Just another example that she'll do it when she's ready - you can't force development. I love this girl's surprises!

5 comments:

Susannah said...

LOVE IT! way to go viv!!!!!!!!!

way to go mama too! ;)

Leslie, Arlin and Katie Kauffman said...

Vivian, how neat to see you standing up in your crib! Looks like Mommy and Daddy will be needing to lower your mattress now! :-)

Carrie said...

Coolness, Viv!

Her hair is pretty cute. If you added some gel and a headband, she could be Pat Benatar for Halloween. That would be awesome.

Amy said...

I think what I love almost as much as Viv standing is you telling Vince he "didn't have to do it(lower the crib) tonight" - LOL!

Crystal M. said...

Great job Vivian!!!