This was Vivian's second Christmas...but really, it was her first. Last year at this time she was healing from major heart surgery, heavily sedated in the CVICU. Vince and I were so, so thankful to have made it through surgery, but Christmas was not really on our radar - healing was.
This year Christmas snuck up on me. I did spend some time on traditions: baking Aunt Augusta's sugar cookies, driving down Christmas Tree Lane and a few Twilight Walks with Swiss Miss. But when Christmas Eve rolled around yesterday, I held my baby a little tighter and let my heart sit with the immense gratitude I feel for her and the amazing people in my life: family and friends, near and far, met and yet to meet. And that, to me, is the true meaning of Christmas.
Some Christmas highlights: Viv being silly with Tio Tato's Peruvian hat, an Instant Hobo Kit gifted to me, Christmas morning ebelskivers in my great grandmother's pan and the warm fire Vince built with perfectly seasoned wood from dear friends.
Hope your Christmas Day finds you surrounded by loved ones and the gratitude for the blessings in your life.
Christmas from Hannah Maniago on Vimeo.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I loved getting to experience your Christmas celebration with you & your family, Hannah! Thanks for sharing! Susan
Thanks for the peek into the Peterson-Maniago Christmas! I'm glad you had such a wonderful first Christmas with your sweet girl and lovely family!
I am sitting here with my coffee this morning and decided to check up on a few of my favorite blogs before I started to pick up the MESS Christmas left.
Hannah, I LOVE the video you put together. I am still "weepie" from watching it. I loved the song, the pictures, and the videos. It looks like you had a wonderful Christmas. I am SO glad you got celebrate Vivian's "first" Christmas this year. And in a way, you did receive a gift last year through her surgery--Vivian made it through with flying colors AND you cherished this one just a bit more than you maybe would have. I hope all of your Christmases are just like this one.
Merry Christmas, friend!
Love, Sara
PS--I noticed the flower in Viv's hair. ;) I am glad they made it to you in time for Christmas!
Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas! Vivian, I love watching your peek-a-boo game with the hat--you are so cute! You always make me smile and laugh.
Post a Comment