6:55 Viv wakes up, I feed her in the armchair. It's one of those overcast summer mornings.
7:30 Head out the door to meet a friend and her baby for a walk. I hear the funniest story I've heard in a long time, and have to stop pushing Viv's stroller to laugh delightedly.
8:30 Home again. Viv finishes the last of her feed and goes down for a nap. I hear her blowing raspberries and "talking" for 20 minutes before she falls asleep. I eat cereal and sip coffee, Pandora station playing, checking email, thinking about our day. Shower.
10:00 Viv wakes up. She watches me blow dry my hair as she lays on the bath mat.
10:30 Cardiologist appointment. It still seems strange to go 2-3 months between visits now that surgery is over. The first 4.5 months of Vivian's life we were in this doctor's office every two weeks on the dot. So, it was good to see her. It's also nice to not have to go back in 2 weeks.
12:00 We meet my friend Stacy for lunch in the neighborhood near our doctor's office. I still like to combine something fun (food, friend or walk, usually) with our many appointments. I worked with Stacy when I first became a teacher. She and her husband, Guy, who is also a teacher, are looking to grow their family through open adoption. You know when you see someone with a baby, and you just know she's meant to be a mom? That's Stacy. (Do you see how Vivian's looking at her? Kids love Stacy immediately!) She's an amazing teacher, and I know she and Guy will bless a baby with an amazing love-filled life. I'm just putting this out there - 10% of adoptions come from networking. Here is Stacy and Guy's adoption website:
www.dearbirthmother.info/stacyandguy

2:00 Home to play. Exersaucer. Tummy time (with laptop) and pirate time (eye patching) at the same time - way to multitask, Mom!
3:00 Viv eats a little then takes a nap. I read a sign language book, make a couple of phone calls and think about what to eat for dinner.
4:40 Viv wakes up and eats. We water the garden (Secret Sender, thank you!) and play in the backyard with Viv's new ball.
6:00 Make dinner (tuna sandwiches, fresh beet salad). Feed Viv some oatmeal - she actually opened her mouth for some tonight! It's been a long time since that happened! Mostly she likes playing with the spoon.
7:00 Eat. Play. Viv eats again.
8:15 Sweet dreams, darling Viv. We had a fun day.
3:00 Viv eats a little then takes a nap. I read a sign language book, make a couple of phone calls and think about what to eat for dinner.
4:40 Viv wakes up and eats. We water the garden (Secret Sender, thank you!) and play in the backyard with Viv's new ball.
6:00 Make dinner (tuna sandwiches, fresh beet salad). Feed Viv some oatmeal - she actually opened her mouth for some tonight! It's been a long time since that happened! Mostly she likes playing with the spoon.
7:00 Eat. Play. Viv eats again.
8:15 Sweet dreams, darling Viv. We had a fun day.

2 comments:
I am loving your daily journal. I wish I had done something like that when Madeline was a baby. Daily routine doesn't seem that exciting until you look back at it a few years later.
I am also loving the pictures of Miss Vivian. Could she really get any cuter? I don't think so! What a delightful baby. It is evident that she brings joy to your life every day.....How lucky you are!
I am putting your friend, Stacy, on my prayer list. I pray a baby comes to her and Guy. I looked at their website. There has to be a baby out there for them some where, some time. My cousin is adopted and it was the best thing for her, and my aunt and uncle. Please let them know we are thinking of them.
Take care,
Sara
I'm so glad you found us and I'm so glad we have now found you!
Reading all these "Day in the Life" posts reminds me of the days when Kennedy was so young...
Would you guys mind if I added you to her blogroll?
Post a Comment