Thank you so much for your sweet, surprising and mysterious gift! I do declare, you know how to make a rainy day full of sunshine! You should have seen the smile on my face when Viv and I got home today and saw a package on our doorstep.
I love how as I pulled one wrapped gift out of the box, a chain of gifts followed, all connected by one happy yellow ribbon (which Vivian loved playing with, by the way--it kept her distracted from her distaste for tummy time for at least 10 minutes!). On one end, a note read Hannah, Enjoy Spring! At the other end was a card that read Open Last.
So fun! Inside that chain of delightfully wrapped goodies were gardening gifts: a shovel, gloves, a bee windsock (so cute!) and seeds. And here's my favorite part: in the card you included an explanation of the seed packets. Oh, secret person, you are so clever and thoughtful! You included Brussels Sprouts seeds to be "homegrown and cooked in [my] favorite roasted vegetable recipe-yum!"; Lemon Queen Sunflowers which are "impossible to look at and not smile (an homage to the meyer lemon drop)"; and sugar snap peas which are "sweet and fun to watch grow (like Vivian)" among others.
2.21.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
That is SO cute!
Oh How Fun!! I can't wait to read about your gardening experiences...do you have a green thumb? Will the squirrels enjoy your garden? Will Vivian like to get dirty?
oh, surprises are so much fun....i think you are being challenged to cultivate the gardener within you!!!! I am especially fond of reminders of spring, tastes of spring, visions of spring. The plants in the window box outside my kitchen are sprinkled with with 'snow', which is actually the plum blossoms fluttering over to say hello!
Joan, I so do NOT have a green thumb, though I long to acquire one. I tried last year (our house has raised planters in the backyard) but everything died (read: I killed them by forgetting to water). This year, though, I am blessed to have the gift of time and focus since I'm home so much more! I am inspired and hopeful in trying again!
What a wonderful surprise! It's like having a secret admirer, but no creepiness attached! Just someone who wants to do something nice for you, Vince, and Viv! You deserve it, and I commend that secret gifter mucho! Glad it brought you so much happiness.
Post a Comment