7.14.2008

A Week in the Life {Monday}

I know I say it all the time and it's trite as trite can be, but time is going so quickly, blah, blah, blah. So as we rapidly approach Viv's first birthday, I want a little record of how we spend our days. So that's the theme this week: the little moments that make up our days, and our lives. Nothing exciting (really, it's not), but I just have a feeling that with time, I'll forget our little routines and outings and moments. And I don't want to forget. So here's to a week of moments. Feel free to share some of your moments from your days, too.

7:30 Viv woke up, positioned 180 degrees from how how I put her to bed last night. I have no idea how this happened. She's still my covert girl, doing some crazy moves in her sleep.

8:15 After eating her bottle, Viv played in her high chair while I finished cleaning up the kitchen from Vince's Hobo Party, loaded bottles into the dishwasher (didn't run it last night) and sipped coffee. She did this thing with her hand again (saw it for the first time yesterday) that looks like it could either be a wave or the ASL sign for milk.

I'm a little obsessed with this can of beans brought by some friends on Saturday. Isn't it just the coolest label EVER? It's currently on display on our kitchen windowsill.

My Pandora stations - set to Quick Mix - play mostly all all the time we're at home. Love me some Pandora.

9:00 Viv played at her desk while I sat with her and finished my coffee. She started to get fussy so I knew it was nap time. After talking about each of the animals on her mobile ("Here's the snail: Grandma Vivian collected snails."; "Here's the butterfly: we like butterflies - they're on your helmet." - I say the same thing before every nap time), I put her in her crib and she fell right to sleep.

10:00 A neighbor/handyman arrived to fill in the hole in our deck where the hot tub used to be. Hip, hip hooray!
11:00 Viv woke up from her nap and we hit the road to go visit my dear and since-we-were-babes-in-arms friend Michele, who is visiting from the East Coast. Picnic at City Hall. Saw the biggest dog EVER with its owner on some tin-bike contraption - I'm sure there's a punchline about hobo scientists in there somewhere.

2:00 Drove to visit another dear friend who I used to teach with. Emily showed us her classroom, Viv soaked up some love from Emily's co-workers and then we went for some frozen yogurt and a walk downtown. Lovely.

4:00 Arrived home, the deck wasn't as complete as I had hoped. Poof. Viv finished a nap in her carseat. Fed. Played. Tummy time with baby sign language video. I love the sign for kiss. Stripped Viv down to her diaper and tried some watermelon in one of those baby feeder nets. She kind of went for it, but mostly she just got sticky. That's fun, too.

6:30 Bath! Raspberries (she's started sticking out her tongue sometimes when blowing raspberries) and so many giggles. Bathtime is always fun, but this one was top 5 of all time. My cheeks hurt from laughing and blowing wet raspberries. Loved it!

7:00 Post-bath play, play, play. Raspberry blowing and giggling continued. So did the work on our deck.

7:45 Vince arrived home. Leftovers for dinner. Viv played and smiled for her daddy.

8:15 Thought she was ready for bed, boy was I wrong. Deck guy left, work will be finished on Thursday.

8:45 Ready for bed, for real this time. Vince and I hung out with Viv as she rolled around in her co-sleeper smiling. Her lids got heavy and she still smiled. She turned to her side to look at us again, then smiled and fell asleep. "We love you, Baby Bug."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a very busy day- I think it is great that you are writing it down and capturing it on film....it is amazing how fast we forget.