6:00 AM Alarm goes off.
6:15 Get out of bed, throw on jogging clothes, head out door to the park for my huffing and puffing (also known as jogging). Say "good morning" between huffs and puffs to the early morning park regulars. Listen to Sia while jogging - not the best beat for exercise, but I love the name of her album - Some People Have Real Problems.
6:50 Arrive home. Vince is feeding Miss Thing in the brown armchair; she woke up earlier than I expected. Vivian smiles so big when I walk into the living room - I'm a little surprised she recognizes me, given that my face is bright red and sweaty. Maybe I look like that more often than I think?!
7:30 Vince stays awake (he usually goes back to bed if he's up before 7:00 with the baby), so he plays with Vivian. I get sidetracked and start cleaning the bathroom. Finally shower and take Viv to kitchen with me to make coffee, listen to our music mix on Pandora (I'm telling you, it's on ALL DAY because I LOVE IT SO). Viv takes a couple half-hearted bites of oatmeal. Play.
8:45 The contractor who remodeled our bathroom last summer comes to fix a few things, like the crooked light switch. We talk about doors and kitchen remodels. I love that stuff. Viv flirts and then falls asleep with the tie from my fancy t-shirt sleeve in her mouth.
10:00 Vivian's awake after a short nap, but happily playing in her crib, so I wait to get her in case she falls back asleep.
10:30 Viv's done playing and clearly not going back to sleep, so out of the crib she comes. Feed her. Feeds herself.
11:00 Off to Costco (pick up photos! peaches! Oregon blueberries (recommended by a friend)! organic eggs! hot and spicy beef jerky (my impulse buy of the day)!)
12:00 Home again, home again, jiggety jig. Play a little. Since acquiring the helmet, Vivian's gotten in the habit of shaking toys near her right ear. She seems to enjoy the sound of banging said toy on helmet. Hmmmm, that'll take some relearning once she's de-helmeted! Viv naps again. I start making Aunt Augusta's sugar cookies for a friend's bridal shower favors. Eat watermelon for lunch. And some beef jerky. Listen to music. Work on this blog entry.
1:45 Viv's up from her nap. She eats. Then it's back to the kitchen. She plays in her high chair while I continue baking. I think she's the only person who truly appreciates my kitchen dancing. Tummy time and pirate time (eye patching) together again - brilliant!
3:30 Vivian qualified for an early intervention program (it's been in the works for MONTHS now, it all just takes so long). Her teacher arrives at our house, and we meet for the first time. She's amazing! Vivian couldn't take her eyes off of her or any of her cool toys. In our hour and a half session, I got three homework assignments to work on with Viv...and I'm so excited! We'll continue PT (we were doing private sessions with an AMAZING therapist whom we MISS terribly up until last week), and work on OT, feeding, communication, etc.
5:00 Fed Miss Viv. The deck guy came to finish. Love it! Now we have a full deck and no hot tub hole!
6:00 Finish baking cookies (no, I didn't really feed her one, but isn't she cute with the cookie in her hands?). Water garden. 7:30 Vince home. Feed Vivian one of those baby puff treats for the first time. She picks it up right away and as she attempts to put it in her mouth, Vince and I see it's stuck to her finger. When it finally gets in her mouth, she spits it out. Then she puts it back in and seems to kind of enjoy it. Sort of. Vince and I sampled them, too. Not bad, those sweet potato puffs.
8:00 Some rainstick music and then it's clear Sweet Girl is tired - she falls asleep as soon as Vince puts her in bed.
10:22 It takes sooooo long to upload these bajillion photos onto blogger. A little tired. But am finally hitting "publish" and going to bed. Night, night.
7.16.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I am enjoying these posts so much. Vivian is so cute. I need to do this too one day to remember how we spent the summer. I am loving being a stay at home mom for the summer.
I am really enjoying reading about your days.
have fun and I can't wait for tomorrow- to read about todays events!
xoxo
greta
Post a Comment