7.30.2008

Paper Cut Pictures

A week and a bit ago, Vince and I went with some friends to see Feist. I love me some Fiest. Her album, The Reminder, was the soundtrack to our stolen time back in November when Vivian's heart surgery was postponed six weeks.


Photo from listentofeist.com gallery

Not only is Leslie Feist sweet and sassy in between songs (my favorite part of a concert is usually what the singer says to the audience between songs), but as she sang, two artists worked on a big overhead projector behind her using light and shadows. Silhouettes, paper cut pictures, fingerpaint, and more told a story with each song (see someone's youtube video from the show we were at here or here and photos here). It was stunning. Breathtaking, really.

And it reminded me of this squirrel paper cut project I have been meaning to do since February. I finally did it while Vivian napped on Friday. You know I was listening to Feist - but gently dancing along, so as not to wind up in the chiropractor's office again (and I was holding scissors, you know) - as I cut that paper.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see the Papel Picado you can make for Day of the Dead!

greta ott said...

very cute!

xo
greta

LisaAnn said...

Lucky you getting to see Feist! excellent job on the paper cutting. Now you just have to get your sewing machine running.

Auntie Sarah said...

It took me about 5 looks to realize that there were Squirrels in the middle (ha..) you are always so creative Hannah! I had such a nice time hanging out with you and Vivi Divi Doo Mon. and Tuesday... She is getting so big and strong! We will see you soon on the 9th- Oh- and Hope you had a nice date night :0)
Love, Auntie Sarah

AmyK said...

OMG! I love it - squirrels in love! You are my crafty-project idol! Thanks for the links, I have yet to explore the wonder that was those projections!

Sarah Markley said...

I love feist too. Sooo fun. Also, I read your post about all the medical updates. You are brave and have such a story! Keep telling it. =)