+ Celebrated Vivi's 3 month birthday with mini brownie bites, warm from the oven and with 3 chocolate chips atop each. People, may I take a moment to make a case for abandoning brownies from a box mix for homemade brownies? Homemade are just so much tastier. And so easy! I use the One Bowl recipe from the Baker's Unsweetened Chocolate box. Seriously, you melt some chocolate and butter, throw in sugar, eggs, flour and call it a day. A mini muffin tin makes them particularly delightful, but is definitely not necessary.

+ Ventured out to our brand spanking new local Whole Foods. It's gigantic! Kept Vivi covered with layers of blankie over the stroller to keep people & their germs away from her. Spent too much money on organic beef and potatoes.
+ Dinner at my parents' house-- Mom made pumpkin ravioli. Oh, yum!
+ Listened to Feist, but tried not to dance too crazily. Did I mention I happened to be dancing up a storm to this the night before I woke up with my angry neck and back last week? Just ask Vince--I was pulling out some very special moves (think "Elaine-from-Seinfeld" special).
+ Vince is making what I consider to be his signature dish tonight: Steak au Poivre. We're celebrating one year in our house this weekend.
+ Someone slept for six-and-a-half hours last night. Holy Cow!
+ Surgery Update: It's been rescheduled for December 21. Six weeks. Though it's not the 9th, 12-21 is a palindrome, and that fits the bill as far as my quirky number requirements are concerned. And when it comes down to it, I'm so thankful to have her at home with us for awhile longer. She's getting more enjoyable each day, if that's possible.

4 comments:
Sounds like you had a great weekend filled with a lot of family lovin'. Glad you are enjoying your stolen time at home!
Hi Hannah,
I think about you, Viv, and Vince so often, and LOVE reading your blogs. You've got such a wonderful way with words, your photos are remarkable, and your perspective on motherhood and life moves me to the core. I feel privileged to get a glimpse into your lives, and can't wait to meet Vivian when the time is right (maybe some time when you come to your parents' place?).
With much love, hugs, and kisses,
Susan
Finally have some time to visit your blog! What fun and how cute your little Vivi is! Glad you found some use for the clothes - I can't believe Marisa was so small. We are doing well. The kids are walking, talking (little words like hi, bye, thank you, mami, daddy, yeah, no, and shoe is a favorite.) drinking from a cup - more like spilling and finger painting with the milk on the table. Alas a glimpse into your future of toddlerhood with Vivi - it will come soon enough!
I will visit again to get more updates. Blogging sounds fun. Maybe I should try it in all my free time : D LOL
All my best,
Belinda, Mario and Marisa opps and Gabe too!
so many positive things... pumpkin ravioli sounds yummy (i just found a recipe last week atopped with hazelnuts. mm sorry i missed those. and FEIST! hannah we get obsessed over the same things sometimes..and i remember how similar we can be! oh goodness, whenever feist comes on i crank up the radio. And when Renato is present, he sits back and waits for me to dance! Maybe someday we can catch her in the Bay Area.. eh? I hope your back/neck are doing better.
I would recommend Reiki Therapy... not sure if it is your thing, but it helped me release emotions trapped in my body that were causing me physical discomfort.
Reading about your strength and growing faith in..well life, and the universe? makes my heart soar. Go easy on the spastic Elaine dancing... Next time we visit, we should have a dance party session. Dancing therapy? and some apple baked yummies... mmm. Love you muchly! <3
Post a Comment