Last night I wrote it on the calendar: totally sitting independently.
Up til now it's been sits with boppy or sitting well. But now it's official - Vivian will sit for ten to fifteen minutes - playing, reaching, laughing. This morning she reached her arms up for me as I walked by. At the library today she was trying to push herself up to standing by holding onto my leg. It's awesome. She still clunks now and then, but mostly, she's a sitter. A sitter who now wants to stand.
I have her infant development teacher to thank for pointing out that while the boppy provided good support, Vivian wasn't having to work her trunk to sit. So the past couple weeks have been relatively boppy-less and now she's doing it!
Go, baby, go!
Up til now it's been sits with boppy or sitting well. But now it's official - Vivian will sit for ten to fifteen minutes - playing, reaching, laughing. This morning she reached her arms up for me as I walked by. At the library today she was trying to push herself up to standing by holding onto my leg. It's awesome. She still clunks now and then, but mostly, she's a sitter. A sitter who now wants to stand.
I have her infant development teacher to thank for pointing out that while the boppy provided good support, Vivian wasn't having to work her trunk to sit. So the past couple weeks have been relatively boppy-less and now she's doing it!
Go, baby, go!

Early Morning Sitting Session

8 comments:
bravo! :-D
Yay! We are so proud of you Vivi! You are Unstoppable, chica =+ )
What great news! Everyone is so excited for you Vivian! Look what a happy baby she is.
What a cutie she is!! Very proud of our "big girl!"
Yay! Go Vivian!
Awesome! The helmet is going to come in really handy with the pulling up.
Go, Vivian, go! What an accomplishment! I know how proud your parents are of you......I remember when Madeline sat by herself completely......she was just about your age as well.
Vivian, I know you will do great things....you already are! :)
go vivi!!
I like her "check me out" look on her face.
so cute!!!
xo,
g
Post a Comment