Michele!
(I've known Michele since we were babes in arms. She lives in DC now and I miss her like mad! She posts great recipes and shares about her new life on the east coast on her blog. She's one of the warmest, kindest and funniest people you could know.)
And please rest assured that Vince chose randomly from a pile of little pieces of paper with your names written on them. I was just too tired to get up and get the camera to document it. Thanks for playing along, party people! That was fun. We'll do it again next month, okay?And now for the photo-heavy weekend recap:
On Saturday we ventured to the coast for Miss Viv's first visit to the edge of the continent. It was great fun. Windy. But fun. First we shared the yummiest sandwich on the coast and ate it outside on the sandwich shop's little garden patio.
Then we drove to the beach, fed the baby in the car with a great view, then got her all bundled up in the Bjorn for a walk.
Did I mention it was windy? Poor baby was not too happy. Am I a bad mother for loving this photo?
Still not havin' it, even when cuddled with mom.
So we cut our walk short and drove south for the best pie on the coast. Vivian liked sitting on the counter.
After we shared a slice of olallieberry, Vince took it upon himself to order another slice. I protested, but gave in. Strawberry Rhubarb--it won the pie contest, hands down.
Sunday was another spring-like day. A couple girlfriends and I all left the babies and the husbands at our house to watch NASCAR and eat pizza while we girls went walking at the Dish. It is my favorite time of year to be there because the hills are so green. (We all agreed our behinds were smaller after climbing those hills. Ha!)

13 comments:
Wow! What a windy day it was!! Olivia was never a fan of the wind-she still doesn't like when her hair blows out of control in her face! I've got to get the name of the pie shop- visiting the coast is my favorite & topping it off with a slice of pie sounds fabulous!! Glad you had a great weekend! Isn't CA weather just great!?
I win!?! YAY! I am so excited!
Where does one find the best sandwich on the coast? I just might have to go there on my next visit.
Little Viv looks so cute all bundled up like that!
Joan, We went to Duarte's Tavern in Pescadero for pie. Divine.
Anytime you want to schlep out there with the kids, I'm game!
Michele, I can just hear you saying "I win!?! YAY! I am so excited!" Truly!
The best sandwich, in my opinion, is to be found at the San Benito House on Main St. in HMB. It's all about the homemade wheat bread. It tastes the same as it did 20 years ago. Yum.
Maybe I'll see you up at the dish someday. We run up there for our training during the year. A good piece of pie would be great after a run at the dish!
Oh my god - I think I've been to that place where you get the best pie on earth! Only, I have no idea where it is. I went there once, and ever since I've wished I could remember where it was. You have to tell me how to get there so I can go see!
Mary, It's Duarte's Tavern in Pescadero. Probably better known for their artichoke soup or artichoke omelet. It's an institution--I bet you have been there! And yes, the pie is oh, so good!
ooh poor vivi- it must have been cold for her little face. But Mom and Dad look super relaxed! where did u eat pie? I have to take Renato there! yummy to my tummy! There is a little cafe in Petaluma that has yummy home made pies. and good teas( blood orange flavor)... lets go when you visit! it is like 5 steps up from Marie Callenders! Haha :p
That's funny, Sarah! And while Marie Calander's will always have a special place in my heart, I look forward to stepping up our pie eating experience soon, dear sister!
wind is in the air - literally and figuratively. my sister abbie just posted a little movie of the wind in scotland and then this lovely one with little vivian (by the way you look lovely dear friend)
ang, i loved abbie's post about the windy hill in scotland! she's having so much fun, isn't she? lovely.
OK, this is totally unrelated, but Hannah - you are seriously a very beautiful woman. Sure, you have the luxury of editing which photos will be posted, but girl - you really have alot of natural beauty - both inside and out. But this comment is purely referring to the out! :-)
I always love a trip to the coast...put that on your to do list for 2008- a trip to the beach with joan!
Post a Comment