My friend Carrie introduced me to the blog Ask Moxie. It's an enjoyable read. I really loved today's post. I quite literally said "Amen, Sister!" out loud while reading it. If you're a mom, I think you'll especially like reading it.
And I can't quite post without including a photo. It's a compulsion I have. Anyhow, I took it on a walk on Monday. Can you find the finch? The springtime buds? Adoring all things spring is another compulsion I have. Birds, buds and blossoms.
3.05.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Amen is right! I know I am guilty of asking (or at least wondering) and I will try to remind myself of this the next time I do it! Love the photos, I am sad that I have not been taking many photos these days, but yours have been inspiring me! And I do see the finch, but if you recall I have something against little finch birds who eat crepes!
i found you little finch...
agreed - love it! isn't it refreshing to think that there isn't one right way...it is really about what works for us as individuals!
Yay, glad you enjoyed that -- I totally thought of you when I read that post!
amy, i am laughing out loud to remember that nasty little french finch!
to let others in on the joke: amy and i were sitting in paris, minding our own business, eating crepes (as one should while in paris) and this ballsy little finch hopped up on amy's crepe and started trying to eat it! surprised by having a bird ATTACK HER HAND, the crepe landed on the the dirty paris sidewalk and the finch had its way with that crepe. we were simultaneously annoyed and amused.
amy, we actually have a few funny crepe stories from france, don't we? fun to remember them.
I think this Ask Moxie post elicited an "Amen, Sister!" from me because I truly agree with what Moxie wrote. I have one "baby" book that I reference when I need to (how to deal with cradle cap, gas, etc.) but otherwise I stay away from them, because for me (and this is just part of my neurosis--I'm not making a judgment on baby/parenting books), too much information and someone's thoughts on the "right way" only serve to make me question my mama instincts. And because I truly believe there are so many ways to be a good parent, I don't want to start an endless cycle of questioning myself and my decisions. That will just turn me into a crazy woman. I know that about myself.
If you haven't already, check out Ask Miss Angie in my links. She's a dear friend and an amazing mom who offers creative insights based on the premise that there isn't one right way to be great parent.
Post a Comment