Lake Lag is a place where Vince and I spent many a spring and summer day in years past. Vince would sun himself on the tiny patch of sand, and I would usually end up in the shade of the oak tree, trying to protect my fair skin. It's a crap shoot as to whether the lake will actually have water in it--usually it doesn't til spring. But yesterday there were a few puddles of rainwater left over from last week's storms.

And so I sat on a log in the middle of the nearly empty lake while Vince took photos and admired other people's dogs running and jumping and chasing. I fed Miss Vivian on that log--in the sunshine with a happy heart. It was quiet and peaceful, but if you stopped to really listen, layers of sound revealed themselves: a croaking frog, a splashing dog, conversations of jogging passer-bys. The first of what I hope will be many lovely family adventures this year.
The day ended with a visit to Granny's house and a stop at a Pinkberry-esque frozen yogurt shop. Perfection.

6 comments:
Oh how dreamy! I was just dreaming of a family outing after I realized we spent way too much time doing practical things this weekend! Keep it up!
The Maniago family knows how to embrace the luscious sunniness of a sunday afternoon. How wondrous to be fed on a log by a lake!!! Childhood is a great adventure, for the child and the parents. And don't forget those lucky grandparents!!
Hi Hannah! Jacob has forwarded me this link, and I've loved reading your posts -- particularly because they have caught me up on Vivian's successful surgery. So happy to hear she is home and already enjoying outings.
It is so wonderful and inspiring to read about the life you and Vince are creating for Vivian. Thank you for sharing!
Love the photos of your sweet little family!
lake lag! i need to take my boys there when the baby frogs are everywhere - is that the spring?!
What a beautiful photo montage! Oh I miss Lake lagunitas... what a beautiful day for you three. I am so happy that you guys are able to go out and have wonderful adventures. This Spring I would love to take Renato there with you guys. :) Muchos besos y abrozos a todos... Sarah
Post a Comment