After 5 months of a rather cloistered life (recommended by doctors and enforced by us--it just wasn't worth the risk of Vivian getting sick before surgery), our world is expanding. Slowly but surely, day by day.
Yesterday Vivian and I walked to Safeway and did some grocery shopping. Today we went to the library. Doing mundane errands shouldn't tickle me so, but it does...just the normal mommy-ness of it is so enjoyable. Pack the diaper bag, go up and down the aisles, inspect and make a choice--whether it be a brussel sprout or a book--it's quite fun with a little sweetie in tow.
These typical experiences have been lacking in our day-to-day life...but now it's a crash course in the art of a well-packed diaper bag, infant carrier to snap-n-go transfer, keeping baby happy while selecting said brussel sprouts, and all this good stuff. I'm being brave and getting out there, slowly but surely, day by day.
1.15.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Yeah! You'll be venturing out my way in no time!! Can't wait!! When I had Olivia it took me forever to brave the multi-tasking of going out. I still remember my dad encouraging me to get out & calling to find out if I did. Even now when I head out with kids in tow I leave without the paci, wipes etc.
Post a Comment