9.25.2013

Vivian {6}

This girl, who :

spontaneously shares her love all the live long day

plans things such as "like and love" parties for her daddy, with a dinner, dessert, and "like and love" comments for Vince like, "I like that you're funny and I love that you're in our family - we wouldn't be a family without you."

asks for a hug when she needs one - to be grounded, take a breather, get through a tough spot

wants to talk to me all the time - about my childhood, about hers, about our future, about her imaginary world, about the things we have in common (for example, we both like : reading, quiet, sweet treats, sunrises and sunsets)

oozes enthusiasm for the little things in life

has a kind and loving heart that I find myself wanting to protect fiercely (and I mean fiercely!)

turned six while we were in Pinecrest.

She slept in on August 9 - when Vince and I first heard her stirring, we looked at the clock and saw it was just about 8:23 in the morning, the time she entered this world six years ago.  She came down the cabin stairs with her fabulous bedhead, her delighted smile and fell into my arms for the most beautiful embrace.  After quiet time she asked for a "fancy hairstyle", hence the curly gift ribbons in her hair.




This post has been sitting here, unfinished, for two weeks because I can't find the words to sum it up.  So, without summary as my goal, I'll say that I am so grateful this is the girl who made me a mother.  I am a better, softer, stronger, more loving woman for it.  It is not her job to refine me, but she inspires me to do that work for myself.  Six years of Vivian - I'll just shake my head in awe and gratitude and conclude with some pictures.  








2 comments:

Michele said...

I just love her!!!

Calyn said...

Happy Birthday Beautiful Vivian!!!