9.16.2013

I love lake life.  I love that it's simple and slow.  Pinecrest Lake has my heart.  

We spent an August week in a quintessential Pinecrest cabin.  We woke up each morning, ate some breakfast, plunked ourselves down at the lake, played, snacked some more, read, people watched, meandered back to the cabin for afternoon naps, enjoyed happy hour on the front deck, had campfires in the backyard, put the kids to bed, sipped bourbon with giant ice cubes and stargazed on the front deck, then fell into bed tired and happy each night.  (Please note that there were meltdowns and whining, too - but funny how memory softens that little bit of reality, ahem.) The days ran together, with very little to differentiate one from the next.  But to me, that's a vacation - I want to be plunked somewhere beautiful and healing and have nothing to distract me from just enjoying it.

our view every day during beach time
this boy is so happy in water
lake conversations
my parents set up camp at the lake each morning so we'd get our fave spot
I want to be there. Now. (Please.)
beach cuddles
happy
snack shack visits
sisters!
Viv loves her quiet time
I just couldn't keep my eyes open
capturing s'more madness...

that was crazy sticky messy - embrace it
party boat!
Tio and Vivian as party boat co-captains
happy hour on the boat in dolphin cove (sarah and I named this little lake corner that in our youth)
sigh
Vince and I celebrated 6 years of parenthood with a solo hike around the lake
 
last night happy hour on the lake with cutie pie parents!
epic family picture (it was happy hour, natch) - my kids are the fourth generation to love Pinecrest Lake

3 comments:

Susannah said...

i love everything about this post. a. that you wrote it- come on back to the blog water! it's just right! :) b. these pictures perfectly capture vacation! c. i love your smile, friend.

Michele said...

I love this post! So many beautiful photos of you and your family. I miss you friend!

AmyK said...

Absolutely beautiful! I loved every picture and just thinking of you all together making such wonderful family memories. We need to take a lesson from your book, so in need of a lake-like getaway!