My cheeks hurt from smiling so much.
It has been a rough mothering week for me.
I am worn out. I have been grouchy.
Making breakfasts and giving baths; playing in the backyard and wrangling tired children into pajamas - it has felt like such drudgery.
Not every day can feel beautiful and amazing and inspiring.
I know days (or moments) that do feel that way will come again.
This morning felt like a celebration and acknowledgement of all of it: the awesome and the difficult.
Even when I can feel myself going gray (and this was one of those weeks), I am grateful for all it.
Are you ready for the real heart melter?
And she kills me in this one - the subtle dance moves, the not really singing and playing with her fingers and then going back to the subtle dance moves.



1 comment:
Oh! My!
I bet your cheeks hurt from smiling!
It's so true, what you wrote...
"Not every day can feel beautiful and amazing and inspiring."
Read a quote recently (either on fb or blogger) about how comparing our lives (or our days) to those we communicate with on social media can put so much pressure on us. We are comparing that drudgery to other people's "highlight reels." So true. Just remember what feels like monotony to you is actually often the highlight reel for the kids. :-)
Post a Comment