4.20.2012

52 Fridays

I always get super sentimental around Vivian's birthday.  It borders on ridiculous.  There is a tree, music, food and smells I will always associate with her birth.

The night before Luke was born, Vince was working late in the city.  Vivian and I went to Trader Joe's and stocked up on provolone cheese, salami, crackers and those mini Trader Joe's chocolate chip cookies I call crack cookies and never buy because I cannot NOT eat them when they're in my house.  We had a muffin tin-carpet picnic-movie night, just the two of us. And even though that was the first, last and only time it was just the two of us, we've had a muffin tin-carpet picnic-movie night every Friday since then.  Loving this tradition that will always remind me of Luke's birth.  (I told you my sentimentality borders on ridiculous.)

 



1 comment:

Kristi said...

Such a great tradition... cannot believe it's been 52 Fridays.
And, for the record, I do not think there is anything wrong with the level of sentimental you feel as your children's birthdays approach. ;)