You're 11 months old.
You get around everywhere, so gracefully and seemingly effortlessly that it boggles my mind: you crawl, pull up on everything, cruise and climb. You've discovered you can push laundry baskets (or library baskets) to walk. You've let go a couple times to stand independently - just for 5 seconds or so.
You have 6 teeth now. Nursing has become a new ball game - you don't bite me per se, but yowzers those teeth are sharp! And they make you look grown up (sniff).
We did some sleep training this month. You started the month waking up once or twice to eat - but then started waking up three to five times a night and that, my friend, just wasn't working for us (read: me). You rocked the sleep training. You slept straight through from 6:30PM-6:45AM for a week and the past few days you've been waking up around 5:00AM, I feed you for 5 minutes, and go back to sleep until 7:00. I haven't had this much sleep for a year (but I'm still tired)! You nap predictably twice a day.
Seeing your relationship with Vivian is my absolute favorite thing. She reads to you, sings for you, shares with you, soothes you with words like "It's ok, I'm right here! It's ok." when you're upset and thinks about your past, present and future on a daily basis. She tells me spontaneously all the time "Oh, Mommy, I love my baby brother!" The way you love each other is beautiful, playful and a treasure for this mama.You clap, wave and sign more, eat and milk - on your terms. You smile and flirt.
I love being your mom, so very much. Like, really a lot.






4 comments:
I seriously can't believe it has been 11 months! Crazy! Can someone please slow down time?
Such a little cutie. I've been wondering when this update was going to be posted -- I suspect you're in denial of what's coming up in a few weeks! :)
Happy 11 months Luke!
I love how you're in so many of these pictures Hannah! I need to improve in this a LOT. I want my kids to be able to see what they looked like, but they also need to see what mom looked like too!
Ahhh... here it is... 11 months... sniff sniff.
He is so handsome! I love these glimpses of Luke through your loving mama eyes. Love also seeing the beautiful relationship between your kiddos... sigh.
Post a Comment