3.14.2012

While Daddy's Away

 
on a work trip, we take lots of pictures of ourselves to text to him;
 
we rearranged Viv's bedroom
(I LOVE rearranging furniture.)
 we did some sleep training
(I DON'T love sleep training.  In spite of dreading it, Luke totally rallied and is now SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT.  Bless his sweet little heart.  And knock on wood.)
we had a silly sleepover and picnic dinner at my parents' house
and we had gloomy day adventures.

Vince's plane is about to land and we are thrilled he's on his way home.  This morning Vivian said, "He'll come kiss me good night and then we'll be a family! And Luke is part of of our family! And then we'll have a family hug! And maybe on Thursday morning we'll have waffles or pancakes for breakfast!"
(Someone sure missed her daddy.)

5 comments:

aka-mama said...

I love a homecoming! (I love the idea of waffles or pancakes!)

And I must say you were a busy mama while daddy was away!

Landry said...

CALL ME next time your gloomy adventures bring you 2 blocks from our house, crazy lady!!!

I miss you (and am SO happy to hear that Luke's sleeping through the night!)

Susannah said...

oh, this post warms my heart! esp inspiring because when matt is gone i am usually not such a good mom- frustrated, tired, and not as awesome as i aspire to be. you are a great mom.

and yay for more sleep!!!

Susan said...

Yay for sweet homecomings! I snuck over from Think Pink to check on your family (which I haven't done for an embarrassingly long time), and I had to backtrack a bit. Just have to tell you, the 2011 Year in Review is AHHH-Mazing!! Beautifully done, and depicts a beautiful family!

Kristi said...

Hope the sleep training stuck!
Love the silly picnic!
How fun for Viv to have all her colorful belongings rearranged! I just love all the color in the pic of the remodel in progress!