Luke and I snuggled on the carpet while Vivian enjoyed some quiet time. (I played around with the new lens Vince got me for the camera.)
(Love her sweet face. So much.)
Then it's the crazy time: It occurs to me I should make something for dinner, Vivian's hungry so I heat up some leftovers for her, Luke's hungry (or is he tired?!), Vivian doesn't want to eat anymore, she comes out of her room with her pajamas over her clothes, but it's time for bath...
(Deep breath.)
Viv has a bath, I swaddle Luke and attempt to nurse him to sleep while I sit on top of the toilet (just while Viv bathes, not actually going to the bathroom, ahem), he's not so happy, Vivian is splashing water on Luke and me and can't hear me (no hearing aids) when I gather all my patience to ask her nicely to stop...
(Deep breath.)
Then I have to leave Luke crying on the bathroom floor while I quickly wrangle dripping wet Vivian into her pajamas. Things calm down just a little bit as we read stories on my bed while Vivian brushes her teeth, we write up her daily news to take to school tomorrow and guide her to her bed for good night.
(Deep breath.)
Nurse sweet Luke while watching House Hunters (my serenity). He falls asleep. Meanwhile Vince texts me to ask if we have bitters and maraschino cherries because it's "Old Fashioned Thursday" and he's on his way home to make me a cocktail. Bless his heart, I needed a cocktail with a cherry in it tonight.
The end.

9 comments:
on his way home to make you a cocktail... what a nice husband. i Love the last photo with Lukeys feet sticking out. so sweet. once again..a lovely preview of what i am in store for in the near future :0)
This made me laugh out loud Hannah. Our days can go from glorious to crazy in about 2 seconds. I'm glad I'm not the only one this happens to.
The bathroom/toilet thing made me laugh too. I don't know how many time Tyler's had his bottle in the bathroom because it's a lot. Multi-tasking is the name of the motherhood game. :)
My absolute favorite kind of happy ending to any and every story! Of course, I always have to make my own since Alice (dog) is wonderful but not good at mixing drinks, but who cares as long as the cupboard is never bare? Love your snapshot-of-life blog entries.
Awesome (and well earned)!
Eh... wow! eh, the photographs and angles!!! Wonderful Hananh!!!!
it's gotta be the nifty 50?.. right?
GREAT pics!!!
From 5-8, that's almost everyday around here...so glad I'm not alone! I love thinking of Viv coming out with her pj's over her clothes. Beautiful photos, perhaps taken with your new lens. All's well that ends in a cocktail!
Ok... so I was nosy... and I saw Auntie Sarah's post...
Auntie Sarah... preggers?! Or talking about someday?! I got so excited I had to be nosy! :-)
I laughed (all the while feeling great empathy) at this post. So funny (and not, of course!)... and so real-life! The best part is that you can find the greatness in the moments that aren't chaotic (and that Vince makes you pretty cocktails :-)).
Post a Comment