9.23.2011

Luke {Month 5}

Lukey Pie,

You are 5 months old.  Five months ago (this very minute as I type, in fact) you were still tethered to me, on my chest and we were meeting each other face to face for the first time.  I am so thankful for you and the light and love you've added to our family.



 looking at our favorite backyard tree - you were mesmerized by it

Some things I want to remember about you:

You weigh 14 lbs, 9 oz. 


You blow raspberries.


Sometimes you take 3 hour naps in the afternoon.  But your naps are anything but consistent.

You laugh when I change your diaper.


You fall asleep in the car if you're tired.

You kick, kick, kick.  You've been introduced to the exersaucer and like it a lot. 



You grab your sweet feet. You sometimes act like you're going to crawl away and I tell you not to get any ideas, young sir!




You spent about a week throwing me for a loop - you stopped sleeping in long stretches and started  waking four to five times a night!  But then you learned to roll onto your tummy (on the floor of the bathroom one night while Vivian took her bath) and the next night you went back to sleeping in gloriously long stretches (knock on wood). 

You smile so BIG and so adoringly at your sister.  Oh, man, you two love each other so much.



I love you, my nugget of sweetness.  You (and your sister) really are my sunshine.

4 comments:

Kristi said...

Oh how I love this post!
He is so beautiful, Hannah... such soulful eyes.

I simply adore the pics of Viv and Luke (Nugget... I called P that for ages... along with a million other names... it's a wonder he knows his given name!. They remind me so much of the pics of Gracie and P at that same stage... I am so happy that they adore each other so much! Nothing could possibly make your mamaheart swell more, right?!

I CAN'T believe Luke is 5 months already!

(Must know about this new camera... or new lense... or both?! Easy to use? The clarity and focuses are brilliant!)

aka-mama said...

Hello handsome guy! How I long to get my hands on your cute little toes and fingers and to see you playing in your exosaucer! (in-between reading books with your sis) You are growing too quickly!

I love the sibling love-it's magical!

and I spy a very cute elephant blanket! =)

Leslie, Arlin and Katie Kauffman said...

I can't believe Luke is already 5 months old, Hannah! What a cutie he is! I love his facial expressions--so full of life and joy. So sweet that he and Vivian have already bonded so closely.

Erin L said...

Hannah,
He is BEAUTIFUL! I love all that you are capturing. You are so blessed. You are lovely (outside and in) and you have a lovely family.

Much Love to You,
Erin