My dear sweet boy (also known as Lukey Pie and Nugget),
(Will posting obscene amounts of pictures make time slow down...or at least help me remember this sweet time that's slipping through my fingers? Probably not, but that's what I've done.)
You are four months old today. Some things I want to remember about you:
Your hands are busy: mostly in your mouth (sometimes both at once!), but also grabbing at toys.You are increasingly content in the car and even fall asleep (sometimes). It is a welcome break from the screamfest of the past few months.
You are rocking quite the bald spot in the back of your head. It is rather impressive.
(I love your sweet face.)
You come out to the backyard with Vivian and me.
And I'm working on capturing your portrait for a picture frame in the playroom. Most of those pictures are very serious (the camera makes you quite curious and distracts you from smiling) and involve quite a lot of drool. Impressive pools of drool.We met our dear friend in CHARGE, Catherine, who captured the two of us with her amazing talent. You were still quite serious (checking out her Canon) and the drool was still copious. I am grateful to my core for these photos because I think they'll be the ones that make me remember what it was like to hold your sweet baby-ness in the years to come (and oh how I love your sweet baby-ness!).
(If you're in LA and looking for a photographer, I can't say enough wonderful things about Catherine. She's got crazy talent, is so warm and fun to be around and will capture beautiful moments for you. And she rocks a lovely English accent.)
(I love your sweet face. Seriously.)
You and your sister sure love each other. Vivian asks for me to take pictures of you two - in her bed, doing tummy time...I am so excited to see your relationship develop.You stick out your little tongue. It's adorable.
I love the light (on your sweet face) in the morning and as the sun sets.
You laugh and it's my favorite endorphin rush!
You "talk" - cooing, reciprocating and conversing.
You like to "ride the bike" as I pump your legs back and forth and sing a silly little song about going up the hill, down the hill, on flat land and arriving at the library or ice cream shop. It's also a good way to work some gas out, which has also been an issue this month (poor tummy).
You smile at your sweet self in the mirror...and you bring countless smiles to our faces, too.
Love you, my sweet Lukey Pie.













11 comments:
He is a gorgeous little guy! I could totally eat him up.
And Hannah, you look beautiful. Your eyes just radiate joy.
Happy 4 months sweet boy!
Hannah,
Will you please let me know if you figure out any techniques to slow down or freeze time? I haven't figured anything out and Tyler's growing up WAY too fast!
Hannah, all those pics are awesome because Luke (and his wise brown eyes) are gorgeous, but the one of you and him is stunning! You look beautiful.
I emphathize about the car crying/screaming because Aerin did that, too. Isn't it stressful?! Aerin seemed to hate the angle of the infant car seat, so moving her to a convertible car seat around 4 months old (and her getting a little older) helped us. Hang in there, and hope Luke keeps getting more comfortable in the car!
My friend, I've been meaning to comment for sooooo long!!! I have been checking in all the time, enjoying the updates and pictures. I love, love, love them all. My heart is filled with joy looking in on your family. Vivian has always captured our family's heart, and now, so does Lukey Luke.
Cannot wait for a Mama date with our boys!
Love,
Vic
I love the photos of you two! Gorgeous!
Happy 4 months, Sweet Luke! You are adorable!
Luke is great material for dear Catherine to work with. Cuteness, amazing cuteness!
He is so beautiful... those soulful eyes draw me in every time you post a picture of him!
I can't believe he is four months already and I can't believe how much (and how fast) he has changed.
So glad the car situation is subsiding... phew!
Love what Catherine captured... just gorgeous.
Dear Luke,
You are adorable. You look very squeezable. The end.
:)
love this post- the pictures are so precious. i love his little bald head and large brown eyes. i love his sister loving on him. i love the pictures with you (stunning) and i love baby feet and hands! (i could eat him up!)
Thank you SO much for such lovely words. I really needed them tonight. God bless...Cx
Post a Comment