6.07.2011

Yesterday Was a Good Day

(And I want to remember it.)

Luke woke up for the day at 5:00 in the morning.  I nursed him as the sun rose, sipped coffee while he played (I think a little coffee in the morning makes me a better mom - I'm totally serious) and waited for Vivian to wake up.
 We happily read lots and lots of books while I nursed Luke.
We took Grandpa out for a very fancy birthday lunch at Ikea (Viv's happy place).
While Viv enjoyed quiet time quietly, I managed to catch Luke's smile on camera (it only took 11 days).  Love my smiley boy!
We went for a treasure walk before dinner.
And read bedtime stories snuggled in my bed.

The dishwasher did not get emptied, dirty dishes piled up in the sink, the floors did not get swept...but Vivian was cheerful and engaged, Luke was fed and loved on and I felt patient, happy and in the moment with my kids.  It reminded me that I set the tone for our day.  With summer vacation looming, I think being a little intentional will go a long way for the three of us to enjoy our lazy, hazy summer days.

Yesterday was just what I needed: a just right day.

4 comments:

Molly said...

I was thinking as I was reading, "Sounds like a just right and fabulous day to me!"

AmyK said...

I love your perspective and your ability to enjoy lifes daily treasures! Speaking of treasures, what is a treasure walk? Sounds delightful! Motherhood x2 most def agrees with you, you are such a natural!

Jennifer said...

Lovely! Those are the days that my mother and grandmother advise for me to savor more often. Everything else can wait...

greta ott said...

perfect insight. I often find myself there in the 'reminder' space . . . dishes, dust & dirty laundry can wait. sweet moments with the littles can not.