This afternoon while Luke slept, Viv and I enjoyed some time in her play area: I started writing our summer bucket list and she got bored with that and made her way over to the dollhouse. She started reenacting Goldilocks and the Three Bears. It made me think about how my life these days is kind of like the story.
These days life can feel too big, too hard, too soft, too hot, too cold:
Vivian whines about any number of things as my hands are full of a nursing Luke.
Luke cries as I rush to make Viv's lunch.
Vivian throws a fit because she wants to read that book again! but I need to deal with Luke's blowout.
The dishwasher waits to be emptied, the sink is full of dirty dishes and ohmygoodness didn't I just sweep this dirty floor? All as Vivian is asking "Where are we going?" and Luke is wanting to nurse again.
But sometimes it feels just right:
We sit in my bed. I nurse Luke, Vivian snuggles in and we read a pile of books.
Vivian and I enjoy some time to play a game or do a puzzle as Luke sleeps contentedly in the bassinet.
Luke and I enjoy some time together while Vivian is in school.
Vivian sings Luke his "Lukey Luke" song and gives him his blanket after we strap him into the carseat to get ready for school. He stops crying as she sings.
Both kids are napping and I get to bake a cake.
Luke's on my lap, Viv and I are singing to him and he smiles!
I pop up to peek in on the tea party at Viv's school. My heart soars as I see my sweet girl all dressed up and eating tea sandwiches as Luke is snuggled in the carrier on my chest.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Well said, my friend!
Those "just right" times make this mommy gig pretty much the coolest thing ever.
I try to think about those when we're having a "too" time and hope that it will get back to "just right" very soon!
Love everything about this post, Hannah. I love that you found the parallel as Viv was playing. And, as always, so perfectly written.
Sometimes it's easy to drown ourselves in the "too" moments... they can feel like an eternity and make the "just right" ones seem like a distant memory - - even if it was five minutes ago... but, just like the "curves" - - life is about soaking up those "just right" moments.
Post a Comment