So thankful
to be feeling like I'm starting to get the hang of this two kid gig.
Luke has started nursing like a champ (knock on wood).
I have to say, it was stressing me out a lot. I was not enjoying it as I struggled with his latching and slow weight gain and my low supply.
Friends had told me to hang in there, that it might take 6 or 8 weeks to get in the groove of it - they were so right.
(Thank you, friends.)
I'm so glad I didn't give up. Now I know what all the hub-ub is about.
Nursing my baby is a very sweet part of motherhood.
I am finding more pockets of time to hang with my Sweet Viv during the day.
(Especially now that I'm not pumping and supplement feeding Luke. I very cheerfully returned the pump to the hospital yesterday!)
These little bits of time to snuggle or play with play dough or do a puzzle is so good for both of us.
The three of us have ventured solo to the park, Costco, Trader Joe's and Target.
And we survived!
Had fun even!
When I saw Olga last week, she said things tend to fall into place at 6 weeks, and then again at 12 weeks. She was so right.
And I am
so thankful.

3 comments:
oh yay! sounds like you braved target! :)
um, i have to say that moment with our girls about melted my heart today.
Hip hip hooray! and costco & target are brave, big adventures! You go mama!
I can't wait to get more snuggle time with luke and play time with miss viv! (2 more days of school!)
Happy birthday Hannah! May you have the perfect balance with your two babes toay!
And this made me smile even MORE!!!!
So glad things are falling into place on so many levels.
big hugs to you, friend... and Happy, Happy Birthday! :-)
Post a Comment