4.25.2011

Luke

In true "us" fashion, Vince and I did not have a name picked out for Baby Boy before he was born.  We had it narrowed down to two or three names but were nowhere near a decision.  In the weeks leading up to Baby Boy's birth, we'd sometimes say "Vivian, what should we name your baby brother?" and give her a couple choices.  She'd stick with one name for a few days, then change to another choice a few days later.

When Vivian came to visit on Sunday, she crawled into bed with our unnamed Baby Boy and me and said (totally unprompted and with complete confidence), "That's my baby brother!  His name is Luke!"

And so, in the end, she made the decision easy for us. 

20 comments:

aka-mama said...

Oh. My. Gosh. I just love that story! (and the picture is wonderful too!)

Molly said...

So cute! Macy did the same thing with Tyler and Alice too. I think these kiddos must get some insider information from somewhere! :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats Hannah, Vince and Vivian on your newest little family member. Welcome Luke Enzo: your big sister did a great job on your name. Best wishes to all of you.
MJ

Susan Austin said...

Love the story, Hannah! And congrats to you, Vince & Vivian! Luke is so blessed to be born into your family! Lots & lots of love and best wishes for your transition from a family of 3 to a family of 4! xoxoxo Susan

mike said...

Oh Hannah, I am just so excited for you guys! I can't wait to meet him in person! See, Vivian told me last week that her brother's name was Luke and he wasn't even here yet! ;)

Lots of love,
Katie, Mike, Sam and Ella

Johanna Hall said...

Welcome to the World Little Luke! We love you all so much!!!!

The Claytons said...

He is such a beautiful baby!

Congrats to you all!!!

I love how Vivian was able to help name him, so sweet, cute story!!!

Unknown said...

good one viv very easy to LOL love ya hannah xxxxx maybe i should get my aunty to tell her son to ask their daughter to name ther three month old unanmed son who is my auntys grandchild LOL my lovely aunty has four grandkids and one with out a name gonna tell liz to get elsie to do the naming thanks for the suggestion

AmyK said...

I was wondering how the final decision went down ;) so, so sweet! xoxoxoxoxo

amy and mighty max said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! What a blessing...and I just love that Viv chose his name. Amazing!

Susannah said...

so so very happy for you all. this picture makes me happy. much love from us 4.

Rachel said...

I love that! What a beautiful thing for Luke to know as he grows up (and I love his name! Great job Big Sis!)

Congrats!

Victoria Nelson said...

im not surprised in the least bit. viv, you have impeccable taste, and chose the most perfect name for your beautiful baby brother.
smart girl =)
love,
victoria

Sara said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that story! Congrats again! :)

angie said...

AHHH! I am so happy for you! I have dropped off the face of the blogging world and didn't even know you were pregnant! Oh, and I am so happy! I want to bring you dinner or something! Love you tons! Ang

Anonymous said...

Congrats to all of you! Love the name and that Viv picked it out. We've been off the blog world for a long time and was happy to check in tonight and see the great news!

Love,
Mary and Caden

Jennie said...

Congratulations Hannah! And welcome to the world Luke Enzo Maniago! Gordon and I are so thrilled for you, Vince, and Vivian. I'm sure your home is just bursting with love! XOXO

Kristi said...

LOVE Luke's name... Luke Enzo... it's perfect! (Is Vince, Vincenzo?)
This picture brought tears to my eyes... the story made them roll down my cheeks :) and when I read the story to my mom and John, they joined me with teary eyes. It's a heart-warming story and an absolutely perfect way to be named! Good work, Viv!
Much, MUCH love to you all!
xoxox,
Kristi and the Flock

Crystal M. said...

What an honor for Vivian to name her baby brother!!

Leslie, Arlin and Katie Kauffman said...

Love this picture, Hannah--and LOVE that Vivian picked her new brother's name with such confidence! What a sweet story! Hope you are all settling into life with your new family of four.