3.30.2011

Yard Duty

I had yard duty at Viv's school today.  I stood in the sunshine (sweet sunshine, we are so blissed out at your return to our lives!) and watched my girl. 
She bought ice cream from her friend M (chocolate for her, vanilla for me - she knows me so well).
I watched her take on the stairs with ease. At the beginning of the school year, the idea of my very newly walking girl + the playground without me there every second worried me (so much!). 

Now I see my Viv, who still feels so much a part of me, also becoming so beautifully independent. It's a little heartbreaking and completely heartwarming all at once.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

give her a squeeze for me

Catherine L said...

All gorgeous stories. I'd love two things:
1. to capture both your bellies, you and V... hmm I wonder if that's possible???
2. to get your thoughts on school and the academics.. Reu's school's not so academic and I'm panicking which is maybe silly. I'm thinking he needs to go up a class to the 4-5 year olds given he's nearly there and needs to be pushed. Otherwise these days he just gets too comfy. He spells many words which is great but not sure if they do that at school

going to look at flights to the Bay...

Kristi said...

Amazing where she started the year and where she is now!