Some of my favorite things about you at three and a half:
You say "Mommy, tell me about..." and then fill in the blank with subjects like cows, cars, clouds, rain, houses, stars, the ocean and on and on. These are some of my favorite in-the-car conversations
You love everything about school: your teachers, therapist and friends.
You say to Daddy: "Like to be a sillypants with me, Daddy?" and then the two of you talk in funny Huell Howser-esque voices that make us all laugh.
You independently tackle the playground that six months ago you needed a very steady hand to navigate (I still hover like a helicopter to spot you).
You love singing. (I can hear you singing "The Wheels on the Bus" during your quiet time as I type this.) Your favorite right now is the ABCs. You spice it up with your "sillypants" voice sometimes to keep it fresh. We both crack up when you do that.
You request that I tell you a story and when I begin "Once upon a time there was a sweet little girl named Vivian..." you correct me and say "a sweet BIG girl named Vivian."
You tell me "I need a hug!" when you are sad, upset or get hurt. I love that you ask for what you need when you're having a hard time.
You still start every day asking "Where are we going?" or "What are we doing today?" and want to know what we're doing after that, and after that and after that...
You say funny things when you are cranky. A few weeks ago, Daddy told you to "Settle down" when you were being a little too rambunctious. You didn't miss a beat and said "I don't want to settle down! I want to settle up!"
2.09.2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
I love your darling sillypants girl!
And I'm betting a video of that little voice is just precious!
i love your daughter. that photo is beautiful.
Fantastic accomplishments... and yes there's a lovely video in there too!
just when I really start to miss you, there you are. hi friend.
A 9th can't happen without both of you crossing my mind!
I love your 3.5 self, Viv! So VERY much!
(And, you, too, Hannah... you know that!) :-)
Oh Miss Viv, you are too dang cute!!!
I love all the talking she is doing...she has quite the spunky personality! "what r we going to do today?"...we need to plan a visit with d and oli...soon! We miss our friends!
She's really on top of things, isn't she!? Too cute and must be so much fun for you!! Loved this new post that showed her adorable little personality!
3.5!? How did that happen? Beautiful photo and what a beautiful list of accomplishments for such a wonderful little {big!} girl.
Very sweet and adorable picture!!
I love this photo of Viv. And I love a sassy girl!
Hi! I'm one of Mason's friends and found my way over here and just wanted to say that your little Vivian is the cutest thing ever! Love her name! Just had to tell you!
Post a Comment