12.21.2010

Joys & Blessings : Heart Birthday

It's Vivian's heart birthday today.  Three years ago we handed our little baby over for open heart surgery, not knowing what would come of it. 
I don't think we could have imagined three years down the road, eating heart shaped grilled cheese sandwiches dipped in tomato soup at dinner with our chatty little girl ("Sam likes soup, too.  She likes to dip her grilled cheese sandwich in it.  Megan likes soup, too.  I miss Monrovia.  I miss..."  and on and on...).
 Today I am thankful that our daughter was born in a time when her complex heart defect could be corrected with surgery.  I'm thankful that Viv's surgeon pioneered correcting her heart condition in one surgery instead of several.  I'm thankful that the weight and worry of those hard days has led to so many good things.
 I'm thankful for our spunky, expressive, loving, (even whiny) kid with her tomato soup and chocolate frosting stained shirt whose unbridled enthusiasm makes life really fun.
Happy 3rd Heart Birthday, Sweet Viv.

8 comments:

AmyK said...

happy 3rd heart birthday Vivian! I cannot believe it's been 3 years! Hearts never looked as adorable as they do on you! *smooch*

Carrie said...

What a sweet celebration. The past 3 years have flown by so quickly. Happy heart birthday, Viv! Love you!

Kristi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristi said...

I ♥ this post and I ♥ Vivian and I ♥ you, Hannah!

Happy 3rd heart birthday, Vivian (and Hannah & Vince). I LOVE what you did to her shirt (the fabric you added!) so much! SUPER CUTE! And, so many wonderful pictures!

(And, do you know, that as much as I know about your sweet girl, I don't know anything about the complexities of her heart defect prior to repair...)

(Also, I am your silly friend who deleted a post... my html codes came up with music notes the first time! LOL!)

kumorris said...

Happy Heart Birthday Vivian! We are so grateful to have met you this year - you have made our hearts happier in knowing you and your lovely family.

Jennifer said...

<3 wonderful! <3

Crystal M. said...

What a blessing!!!

Jennie said...

I heart photos of sweet, happy Viv. I heart your words. I heart heart birthday cake!