8.09.2010

Dear Vivian {Month 36}


Dearest Vivian,

Today you are 3. 

You are more than I could have ever dreamed up for myself in a daughter.  You are so sweet, funny, kind-hearted, outgoing, friendly, adventurous, flexible, interesting and just plain delightful.


You:

talk in full ideas, sentences and thoughts now.  It pretty much blows my mind on a daily basis.

walk more than you crawl these days.  You wiggle out of my arms to get "down!" - your body and mind have been working toward this for so long and you just want to do it!

picked up a tissue the other day, said "This needs to go in the trash," walked to the kitchen, threw it away and walked back to me in the living room.

ask me nearly every day "Who we going to see today, Mama?"  You love your people and expect the maintenance of a full social calendar.

told our friends who surprised you with a big rainbow balloon bouquet today, "Come in!  Come inside!  Come inside and play a lot!" with your trademark enthusiasm as you just about bubbled over with love for your friends. 

tell me every single day "Maybe after nap we watch Little Bear or Caillou?  Oh, yeah, that's a good idea!".

tell us "Mama and Daddy married!  We a family!".

love to cook in your kitchen, color and read books.

like to play and talk quietly in your crib instead of nap most days.

tell us "Oh, I can do it!" and then do it.

let us know when your milk is not cold enough, saying "This is not really cold.  I would like some cold milk."

asked to eat cake at each meal today, and did so. That's the fun of a birthday, right?


You are my bright and shining rainbow, Viv!  You bring so much color to our lives and I love you soooooo much.  Happy 3rd Birthday, sweet girl.

Yours,
Mama

15 comments:

aka-mama said...

Happy Birthday Miss Vivian!! You also fill our lives with such color! You are such a blessing to each of us! Thanks for inviting us in to play- it was an amazing welcome! We have loved watching you grow and become the wonderful little girl that you are!!

XOXO

Jen L. said...

Awwwww! What a beautiful party for a beautiful girl. Hannah, you are awesome! Happy Birthday Vivian!!! <3

Amy B said...

Happy, happy birthday sweet Miss Vivian! You are such a big girl now!

Wishing you a year filled with adventures, laughter, learning and love.

-Amy, Peter and Micah

Anonymous said...

Is it possible for this girl to get any cuter? Is it possible for you to love her any more?
I love reading your blog...your little family makes me smile all the time! I so feel the love!
Happy 3rd Birthday Miss Vivian!
Love from Wisconsin (Sara and Maddie's Aunt Karen)

Victoria Nelson said...

You put smiles on all our faces, and fill our hearts with even more joy.
Happy 3rd Birthday you adorable, sweet girl!
Love always,
Justin, Victoria, and Mo-yaya

The Claytons said...

Such beautiful pictures that you captured. I LOVE them! Happy Birthday Vivian! I hope you had a wonderful birthday day. You are such a bright, smart, young little girl and I have had so much fun watching you grow in your blog. Thanks Mommy & Daddy for sharing her with us through the blog!

Kristi said...

Hannah, I don't even know how to articulate what I am feeling reading this installment of "Dear Viv." It brings me so much joy... so much.

Viv shines with the brightest light and I just adore reading all the things she is saying and doing. All of it makes me miss her and you so much... too much.

Oh... and those pics... sigh.

Happy Birthday (again) sweet Viv!
xoxox The Flock

Sara said...

Dear Vivian,

Happy 3rd Birthday! I can only imagine how proud your mom and dad are of you because I've only "known" you for two years through this blog and I just marvel at how far you've come. You are such a delight to watch grow, mature, and learn right in front of our eyes. I hope your colorful birthday was the best one ever!!! Sending love, hugs, and wishes for another great year!

Love, Sara and Madeline

Leslie, Arlin and Katie Kauffman said...

Happy 3rd Birthday, Vivian! How did you get to be 3 already, sweet girl? It just seems like yesterday when I first "met" you, when you were only a baby. I love watching you grow and blossom. Your "Vivianisms" make me smile every time I read about new things you are saying and doing. Hope you had a wonderful, colorful day celebrating!

xo

Catherine L said...

Happy 3rd birthday darling Viv! Beautiful words, yours and Mama's. Congratulations on your huge milestone. With love, Catherine & boys

Molly said...

Happy birthday Miss Vivian! What a cute, sweet girl you are. It looks like you had an excellent birthday. And your mommy made you a beautiful (and I'm sure, yummy) birthday cake!

Anonymous said...

Omg Vivian! You are such a big girl now! I almost cried (tears of joy of course) when I read that you walked from the living room to the kitchen! You go girl! You get cuter, smarter, and sassier with every year :) Miss ya heaps! Belated Happy 3rd Birthday!

Love,
Lala

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Miss Vivian! What a beautiful party for a beautiful girl! Congrats to your mom and dad too on three amazing years.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, Hannah, it has been way to long since I have been in the "blog world"! Happy belated birthday to your darling Vivian! I can't believe all she is doing since the last time I checked in! She never ceases to amaze and impress me, and give me much hope for the future. I hope you are having a great summer. I would love to meet in person sometime and get the kiddos together. Thanks for checking in on us from time to time. The summer schedule got the best of me, and I lagged behind on my blog. I hope Vivian's birthday was a blast for all of you!!

xo,
Mary

Susan said...

Sneaking in from Think Pink to check on Miss Viv. What an amazing picture of her with the rainbow pompoms and the rainbow skirt!! Looks like a really wonderful birthday party! Here's wishing her a healthy, happy 3rd year, with lots of amazing adventures and heaps of love!