8.08.2010

Celebrating

all the color Vivian brings to our lives!

Vivian is turning 3 tomorrow (sigh), so we celebrated last night with our families.  Just a chill rainbow themed backyard dinner with grandparents, aunties, uncles and cousins...
  rainbow pom poms
fun with rainbow pipe cleaners and Tio
bubble wands
rainbow jello (so incredibly fun)
did a search for rainbow jello and got this recipe
blowing out the candles
licking the frosting during a family photo
cutting into the rainbow cake (OH MY GOSH, this was SO EXCITING!)
 Makes my nose tingle to see the inside of this cake!
eating rainbow cake
opening gifts
riding the new trike

...our sweet little almost-3-year-old fell asleep in all of about 3 minutes. 
Love her.
So much.

14 comments:

AmyK said...

This is just lovely in every way! My attempt at colored cake was not so picturesque! And I lover Viv's skirt! XOXO to my sweet birthday girl!

Landry said...

I am SO impressed that you finished the skirt AND the pompoms AND made a cake I've been DYING to try since I ran across it a few months ago! Was it as intimidating as it looks? Please promise me that you'll send your photo in to replace the one on their blog because your cake, no surprise, turned out SO much cuter!!!

Happy (almost) birthday, BibiBem! We love you and celebrate your friendship every day!

Olivia said...

Love the rainbow theme! Happy Birthday Vivian!

karolina said...

I am so impressed by the cake. :)
Happy Birthday to Miss Vivian!

Kristi said...

LOVE the theme!
Love the poms!
Love the pipecleaners!
LOVE the skirt!!! I mean, really... so very cute!
Rainbow jello... how fun!
Love the stack of colored plates!
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that cake... it is absolutely perfect! :-)
SO TOTALLY love that sweet girl and how she is licking icing off her finger in that family photo!
And, SO TOTALLY LOVE that sweet girl's mama... and her daddy, even though I haven't met him yet!

Could Vivian be any cuter in that pic opening her presents and OHMYGOSH... how stylin' and super cool is that trike?!

Happy (almost... it's nearly 11pm) 3rd Birthday, Vivian!
LOVE LOVE LOVE you so much, sweet girl!

And, Hannah... when you said you were getting your craft on, you were not joking! As always, I am so very impressed... and in awe! :-)

Kristi said...

Ok... wait... AND that coat!

aka-mama said...

Happy Birthday wishes to Miss Vivian! XOXO

Hannah, I was so excited to check in and see the colorful celebration! Looks like it was a lot of fun and perfect in every way!

greta ott said...

happy birthday vivian! and was to rule hannah!

brandonsmom said...

will you adopt me? :)

Katie W said...

OMG, Hannah! Vivian is soooo lucky to have such a talented Mommy!!

Vivian, we wish you the very best...Happy Birthday!!

Anonymous said...

AHHH! I love it! I REALLY love that cake!!

-Chrissy Corrao (Katie's sister)

Susan said...

Snuck over from ThinkPink to see what Viv was up to, and SURPRISE! It was her 3rd Birthday! What adorable pictures!! The first one took my breath away and if I was really, REALLY brave, I'd attempt that rainbow cake for one of my little ones. That looks amazing! Happy Belated Birthday sweet girl! Obviously the love from your family is your best gift!

Crystal M. said...

Looks like a GREAT BIRTHDAY!! Happy belated Birthday Ms. Vivian!!
Love,
Crystal and Eva

Mer said...

I haven't looked at your blog in a while. Viv's birthday looks so fun. That is the coolest looking cake I have ever seen!

I miss you guys. I want to hear Viv speak in full sentences. Hope we'll see you soon.