What's up with all the rain, people? It's MAY!
Here's a rainy day(s) project I (finally) started and finished in the last couple of weeks:
I used chalkboard paint to spruce up the kitchen door that leads to the garage, totally inspired by this project, but when I saw this I decided to keep it simple.
I am nerdy about chalkboards: anti-dust chalk is an absolute must, and the best chalkboards have a certain click click click as you write on it. By the time I became a teacher, white boards had taken over so I never got to live out my chalkboard dreams.
I'm making up for that now. For a $10 container of chalkboard paint I have a little piece of my childhood. Weekly menu plan, "recipes" for cooking with Viv (smoothies and hummus lately) and colored chalk for Viv to draw to her heart's content.
Mine doesn't quite pass the click click click test, but believe me, I am swooning over my box of anti-dust chalk from the teacher supply store!
5.17.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
Very cool!
I just said to John a couple of weeks ago that if this house were ours, I would want to paint the pantry doors with chalkboard paint! But, since it's not, I can't. Someday I will, though!
I adore your project! :-) I'll bet Viv enjoys it, too! I can only imagine what a source of joy that door will be for your whole family!
Magnet paint is fun, too! I just took old collage frames, painted them a cream color and then used magnet paint on the glass (which I covered with shelving paper) and, voila, little magnet boards to display the kids' art projects!
Oh... and...
Rain, rain, go away...
Don't you know it's May?!
i want to live at your house.
and have you as my personal chef, because that weekly menu looks delish!!!!
miss you friend.
xo
I LOVE THIS! You are my creative idol!
What a neat idea, Hannah! I didn't even know you could buy such a thing as chalkboard paint! I am so creativity impaired! :-)
Excellent idea! We've got a door that could use some sprucing up too!
Hannah, I love your door! It's so cool! I also love your menu! Great idea!!!
1. You are SUCH a teacher
2. You and Vince ARE the best chefs
3. I love Viv's scribbles
You get an A+ ;-)
p.s. this is such weird may weather that we're having!
Love the new door! I didn't realize there was such a thing as anti-dust chalk. I'll be on the hunt now - we painted the top of the kids ikea play table with chalkboard paint.
this is the cutest idea! I am in love with it! i want to live at your house too!
Such a cool door. I've always loved seeing these (esp for birthday announcements in the house etc) and this is especially lovely. Perhaps I'll do the same when we're finished construction into the garage which will be opposite my new photographic studio and therefore, a high traffic area!
Post a Comment