When she passed away in 2003 everyone in our extended family wrote about their memories of our matriarch. My aunt compiled copies into a beautiful folder as a keepsake. Here is my page of happy memories:
Grandma Viv and little me
Little Grandma Viv makes me think of my little Viv
The woman loved to fish! I think she looks so stunning in her camping gear.



5 comments:
This is a beautiful compilation. From all you say, Lil' Viv and Grandma Viv would have been great friends. What a wonderful namesake.
What a lovely post on your grandmother. She sounds like a lovely person and honestly, I think you look a lot like her...you are also just as lovely.
What a charming tribute to your Grandma Viv! This made me so happy to have snuck over here via link from ThinkPink. I'm seriously envious of that batch of fish she's holding in that last picture. Such a happy beauty she was!
Very neat!! I can see the love and joy your grandma has in her eyes.
What a lovely tribute to your Grandma Vivian... I just love the page you made years ago and I love the words you chose to describe her in this post.
I think you chose the most perfect person to name your sweet girl after.
(And, I also think Grandma Vivian is stunning in her camping gear! How is it that camping and fishing could look glamorous back then?! How that generation must shudder at my torn jeans, flip flops and hoodies! :-))
Post a Comment