4.01.2010

Better, Take Two (Knock on Wood)

Friday's "Better" was a total fakeout - by Saturday Vivian was a total mess - cranky, irritable - clearly not "better".  So back to Urgent Care we went, only to find out that her ear infection was worse, not "better".  New antibiotics were prescribed and new hope instilled for my girl to truly feel "better".

Yesterday - dreary and gloomy and rainy - I finally saw real, true glimpses of my sunshine girl (who makes me happy when skies are gray).  We brought home piles and piles of books from the library and read them over and over, all day.  She supervised my vacuuming from the big chair and when I turned off that noisy appliance she said "Good job, Mommy!"  (Why, thank you!).  When she woke up from her (two.and.a.half.hour!) nap she noticed the new Spring bunting I made for the mantle and said "That mommy made!" (Why, thank you for noticing!)

So in celebration of the return of my little Vivi-sunshine, I bought this.  It's the song  I sang with my Grandma Vivian the summer before she passed away and it was the song I sang to my little baby Vivian in the NICU.  Clearly, I needed this in my house, right? (Found here.)
PS For Amy - Spring Bunting on my mantle (I sew one for each season or holiday)
aka surefire naptime sewing project
aka just fabric triangles and jumbo rick rack
aka easiest little happy sewing project ever

9 comments:

AmyK said...

So glad there is sunshine back in your life! I love what you bought and agree you need it (and a cocktail or two, as well)!!! I NEED to know what a Spring Bunting is? Can you show us, please, please? :)

P.S. I have been going through Benbo withdrawl, so glad you’re back!

Cass said...

I agree with Amy - so glad Vivian is doing better. Sounds like a wonderful day together!

Leslie, Arlin and Katie Kauffman said...

I'm behind on catching up on everyone's blogs and am so sorry to hear that Vivian has been so sick. I'm glad she is starting to feel better and you are starting to see glimpses of your sweet Vivian return! It really is heartbreaking seeing them so sick and not themselves, isn't it?

Vivian, I hope you continue to feel better and better, and I hope the Easter Bunny comes to see you this weekend!

Leslie, Arlin and Katie Kauffman said...

I had to come back and look at your spring bunting again, Hannah. I just love this idea! Unfortunately, I don't sew, though, except for some basic hand-hemming. Do you think a glue gun would work? Or would the rick-rack not have enough flexibility to sag, then? Did you have to hem the edges of your fabric triangles so they wouldn't fray?

Sara said...

I am glad to hear that Miss Viv is feeling herself again and the sunshine is appearing. :)

I love your new bunting....so fresh and springy! Love the colors. :)

Kristi said...

I was so sad to read that Viv's initial "better" was not really better at all. Happy to know that she's really, truly returning to her little sun-shiny self.

Love the bunting... so springy and happy :-)
LOVE the new print... yes... you had to have it!
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the blocks on your mantle and the origami paper cranes!

Catherine L said...

And the one you did for us graces our playroom and I love it! I can't sew to save my life

Catherine L said...

Sorry your darling's been sick. I've been away from blogging for a while it seems now. I'd like to start up again once things have settled with finding a new school for Reu, transition, decan of trach etc. Please God... I miss it!

angie said...

I adore your banner - I love it and love that Viv's health really is back!