3.24.2010

Hot Mess

We're a hot mess over here. 

We were in Austin, Texas last week (where the sublime foodie-ness, big cloud-ness and charming quirky-ness of that city has me thinking I could really love living there; that's another post) and Viv had a cold for pretty much the entire week.

Yesterday I took Viv in to the doctor because the cold that I thought was on the mend took a turn for the worse - she kept spiking fevers.  After two hours in our pediatrician's office, we walked out with a pneumonia-ear infection-pink eye diagnosis.  What the what?!

I miss my happy baby girl. She's now been sick most of March and she's just not herself.  It makes me sad and stresses me out.  Today the spring sunshine and an orange brought her about 4 minutes of joy, and then she was back to my unhappy little camper.

13 comments:

Landry said...

Hang in there! We miss you!!

Susannah said...

oh, boo. i am so sorry! i was wondering if viv was sick again. hope your household takes a turn for the better and viv is back to her vivacious self asap!

Jen L said...

Awww, you guys! I am so sorry....poor Viv. Hannah, you must be exausted from taking care of a sick kid-o for so long. We have been thinking of you all over here. We hope to have you over soon to play and have fun and celebrate NOT being sick anymore! <3

Jubilee said...

Feel better Viv!

Victoria Nelson said...

im so sorry to hear this =(
i pray that viv's pneumonia-ear infection-pink eye wil all go away very, very soon, and that you will be able to feel rested and have some peace in your heart about all that is going on.
please let me know if there is anything we can do!
much love,
victoria

Molly said...

Get well soon Vivian! I hope it's soon for you and your mama's sake!

I gotta say, the Austin tease has me intrigued. My sister's moving there in a couple of months...

Amy B said...

Oh, no! Feel better soon, Vivian! (And hang in there, Hannah -- I'm sure you're exhausted!)

Sara said...

I hope the divine Miss V feels better soon, so you do too Hannah! It's not easy when our little ones are sick.

Sending hugs...

angie said...

poor thing! sick is not fun...although any excuse to use the phrase "hot mess" is a perk!

hopefully some good antibiotics will help!

The Claytons said...

Sweet Picture! Hope she feels better real soon and stays that way :O)

Cannot wait to hear of your Austin post.... Texas is a nice place to live if I do say so myself (and we have a Texas Chargers Retreat every year)!

Kim

Crystal M. said...

AAWW Sweet Viv, I hope you feel better soon!!
Love,
Crystal an Eva

greta ott said...

sorry you have been in the land of sickness - please tell viv that I love oranges, too.
xo

nicole said...

please do post about austin...we are thinking we might like to move there one of these days!