Today marks 31 months of our sweet girl.
(Forgot to hit "publish" last night)
♥ We're all healthy again - hooray!
♥ After a few weeks of blissful post-6AM wake ups, Viv woke up at 4:50 AM this morning ready and rearing to go - I tried to woo her back to sleep - but I knew it wasn't going to happen. Oy vey.
♥ Our early morning meant that when Vivian randomly asked for "pancakes!" at 6:45 AM, I was fully caffeinated and ready to make 'em before school!
♥ While holding Vivian's hand and walking to Viv's classroom after outside play, she felt so steady that I let go...and she just kept walking until she reached the picnic table (probably 6-8 feet). Viv's teacher, who so genuinely delights in all of our kids, jumped up and down and hugged me at the sight of Viv walking...and I felt thankful for people like her who love my girl so much.
♥ Miss Early Riser took a two-and-a-half hour nap - unheard of! I drank two cups of (black) tea.
♥ Hung out in her room to read stacks and stacks of books and play with her feltboard. Here's a video of some of her play (my editing program won't work so I can't edit it down [it's long, don't watch it all] and blogger won't let me upload it here).
♥ Made quiche for dinner.
♥ She fought going to sleep but finally gave in...
♥ ...so I could watch a little mindless TV and go to bed. Good night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

14 comments:
In the 4 o'clock hour!! Well, maybe Viv just needs no sleep to perform walking stunts and such! Her secret weapon!
Holy Moly, Holy Moly! My dream came true!!! I knew it would happen soon! I have this HUGE smile on my face. :) :) :)
Hugs and Kisses,
Erin
Yay Vivian! How exciting to be walking! Hopefully you let your mama sleep a little longer this morning.
That video was AWESOME!! Littlebug, I love how she said ladybug, it was so cute!!
Yay Vivian! That is so exciting about the walking. Jackie can't wait to see you strut your stuff :)
So glad you are all feeling better too!
Yay for the feltboard! I love it and all of the little (and not so little) pieces. I watched the whole video. So cute!
Viv I am very excited for your walking! You should be very proud of yourself!! I can't wait to see you in action. <3
Yay Vivian! Way to go little miss!
Vivian, I loved watching the video of you playing with your felt board. Your communication and imagination are amazing! Not to mention, you're just a wee bit cute, too! :-)
Walking, asking for pancakes, healthy?! Waking up at 4:50? What a day! I'm exhausted too! What a great snapshot of a day in life of sweet Miss Vivian {and her amazing mommy.}
xx
Libby
That video was great. She is so precious. The first thing I thought, too when she put that pig in the sky was "when pigs fly". What an amazing achievement that she walked that far. I am sure your heart was bursting with pride. Yay, Vivian!
Much Love,
Mary (and Caden)
i really see nothing wrong with watching all four minutes of little miss Viv! She's a love and I would tivo and rerun it if I could. I miss you all so much and love these moments I get to share with you. Go Viv on the walking! I love it! xoxo
Fantastic milestone accomplished!!!
we are glad you are feeling better! enjoyed the video- we just can't get enough of miss vivian in action!!
I had tears of joy when I read this from my phone and I have tears of joy again!
So cool that she picked that day to walk that far! So awesome that there were other people around who care about her so much to witness with you and share in the joy and pride of that amazing accomplishment!
Now, Viv... do not start forming Gracie's sleep habits, please!
So glad you're all feeling better! :-) What a reward after such sicky ickys!
Post a Comment