Changing the calendar from January to February this morning put a certain spring in my step.
By 8:30 this morning, I had: enjoyed coffee while watching a beautiful sunrise (Viv was watching Little Bear, and yes, she's still waking way. too. e a r l y), read library books with Viv, exercised, baked homemade muffins, colored with pens, ate breakfast with Vivian and was in the shower. I don't think I have ever had a morning like that before. Not sure I'll have one like it again any time soon; frankly, it makes me tired to type about it.
David Brown, a deaf-blind educator and well known and loved in the CHARGE community, came to our house for a visit. Vivian was quite smitten with her new friend, and I loved hearing his insights about my daughter. He's quite a gem.
Then Viv actually napped! today instead of a non-nap. I watched delightful Emma (are you watching the new PBS version?).
Sweet friends came over for a visit.
Homemade quiche and salad for dinner.
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh. Now I'm getting sleepy. Somehow I think my 5:15 wake-up call will not be changing tomorrow.
Joy in January sure was fun. Wishing you all some fun in February.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
you amaze me...because if i was awake that early i would have been on my 4th cup of tea and still been in my jammies.
i love the instant connection miss vivian had-and the hug-precious!!
Okay... I am jealous (in the nicest way possible!!!) that David got to spend part of the day with you guys AND that you got to spend part of the day with David!
I can only imagine how smitten he must have been with Viv! And, I agree with Mama... that hug she gave him... so very precious, indeed!
He is an invaluable resource, a kind and gentle man who cares so deeply for our children and has the most amazing grasp/insight into so many things about them.
So glad you all had the opportunity to be together today!
Hope you get some sleep, friend... and that maybe, just maybe the way.too.early mornings will be gone for the rest of February!
cant wait to hear about all the insightful things that david had to say about sweet vivian. i am also positive he was smitten with her!
proud of you, mama, for waking up so early. for someone who is NOT an early bird, i have the utmost admiration for you =)
love,
victoria
what sweet interaction.... what kind of observations/insight did he have on Vivian? I am curious... does he actually work with people who are deaf AND blind? that is amazing.
I met him at our conferences and he is a wonderful man, I am glad you and vivian got to meet him as well.
Hope you all get to sleep in soon, I know I need it as well.
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva
Love the sweet photos! I would also be interested in learning more about David's observations with Miss Viv. I'm certain he was VERY impressed!!! :)
Viv you are so lucky to get a visit from David Brown in your very own home. He's quite a guy - Kennedy got her picture taken with him at the last two CHARGE conferences and it's just like getting your picture with a movie star! You are getting so big and walking now, we can't believe it - so proud of you!
Your friends from Canada,
Lisa & Kennedy xoxo
Post a Comment