1.08.2010
J in J : Goodnight Moon
Lately when I read Goodnight Moon to Vivian I can't stop thinking about how I want to be in that room. Seriously, I want to be in it. (I mentioned that to Vince and he told me I was welcome to turn re-decorate Vivian's room. Ha!) I want the mittens drying by the crackling fire, the tick-tock of the clock, the bed with the blanket folded at its foot, the creak of the rocking chair as the quiet old lady whispers "hush".
Now why doesn't someone open a bed and breakfast that has a Goodnight Moon room so I can stay there for a night or two? Then it could also have an Anne of Green Gables room, a Pride and Prejudice room, a Little House on the Prairie room, the Little Bear room, a Fancy Nancy room for Viv...
This is what my brain thinks about as I read Viv's good night story, and today imagining was a favorite moment of joy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
THIS could so easily be a real B&B!!! I'm thinking Nantucket... and each of those rooms and maybe a few more.
You and John can cook, Vince can be the bartender (because of all those creative, yummy cocktails he makes you... not because I think he's a lush! HA!) and I can do dishes and clean... because I do actually like that!
The kids could all play on the lovely grounds... we could plant a Secret Garden...
Sigh...
I also loved the vibrant primary colors and little details in Good Night Moon! (golly, are we Related!) i love the idea of a themed room! and themed B&B rooms?! LOVE IT... especially Anne of Green Gables... and I like Kristi's idea of planting a Secret Garden..another fave as a little girl!
And you should start the B and B!
I'd go for sure.
I call the Pride and Prejudice Room =)
I adore Viv's jammies.
Love and hugs,
Victoria
I love the idea of a B + B with the themed rooms (ala Madonna Inn? LOL) !
If you want to paint pictures/murals in Vivi's room - I can help!
Love, love, love the Secret Garden too ! I can help with that too!
I love the idea, but skip the bowl full of mush, ok?! :) Lovin' Joy in January!
Sounds like a great B&B for kids and book readers (of kids books of course). I would love to come and see you and Kristi cleaning and cooking for me...LOL! I LOVE IT!!
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva
I think you are onto something with this, Hannah! I bet you can guess what room I want to stay in!
(Anne of Green Gables, is case you couldn't guess.) :)
you are just my favorite mommy!
Post a Comment