1.09.2010

9 Little Things : I Am Looking Forward To Doing

Oops.  The 9th came and went yesterday with no thought in my brain about 9 things.  Kristi kindly reminded me.

Vivian was quite delighted she got herself into this basket on Christmas Eve

Here are some little things I'm looking forward to this year, an ode to the power of yet, Kristi's wonderful idea that made thinking about big things more palpable for me.

♥ watercoloring with Viv and making lots of pretty messes
♥ more walks in the hills
♥ lots of imagination (seeing Viv's budding imagination is really lovely)
♥ trips to the farm
♥ walks to the farmers' market
♥ writing more letters (the paper kind, with a stamp)
♥ Vivian walking (this one's not so little - no rush, Miss Viv; as always, you'll do it when you're ready)
♥ making a diorama of the Goodnight Moon room (a la 3rd grade book report)
♥ having Viv help us cook more


Vince and Vivian made ricotta gnocchi for Christmas dinner

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Was it a kind reminder? Or did I whine a bit?!

Gnocchi?! YUM! Okay... Vince has to cook at the B&B, too! :-)

The diorama... I thought about that! I really did... but I couldn't, for the life of me, remember what they were called!

I love your "9" posts... they make me happy and help me to think about all the little things. Things to appreciate about my kids, my husband, my life, my day. All the little things add up to so much more than the weight of the bigger, less happy things. That's why I missed it on the 9th! :-)