"Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we know all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?"
My sister Sarah and I have an Anne of Green Gables PBS movie marathon planned. This montage is tiding me over til then, (joyfully):


14 comments:
i LOVE anne. sigh. and gilbert. i read all of the anne books & then when my sister hit late elementary school bought her the box set. i don't know that she loved them as i did....but that sisterly marathon sounds wonderful!
i found an anne of green gables child's cookbook with all recipes inspired by the book. if you want to make some for your marathon...let me know...
makes my canadian heart swell with pride and joy. :)
you must go to PEI! it is absolutely as beautiful and charming as portrayed in the film. i still vividly remember the red soil, purple lupins, green fields... so gorgeous. be sure to treat yourself someday.
Oh thank you for reminding me how much I love Anne. So special about your sisterly marathon. Enjoy! Sorry we never got the chance to get together while we were up north. I was thinking we were going to stay after we were released, but Adam had a different plan. When they said we could go...I think he had us packed and ready within an hour. :) Anxious to get home I suppose. Thank you for warming my heart with all your J in J posts, i've enjoyed each and everyone!
Big heart mommy hugs,
Terra
Anne of Green Gables marathon coming very soon... and a Cookbook? I thought I had seen all the AOGG related books.. i love it! please share, Susannah! Karolina's comment warms my heart, because I have always feared that the land has been developed or somehow more modernized since filming in the 80's... that is so good to know. and need I say it, Gilbert is SO swoon-worthy!
Ooh, I love all the Anne books and have even re-read some of the later ones in the past year. I haven't made it to PEI yet, but Montgomery's beautiful descriptions of nature (especially the sea) make me homesick for my childhood in Maine.
Thanks for sharing, Hannah!
Oh how I remember Anne, I love that time period as well, little house was a big thing in our house as well. I remember when my mom and I would watch it together. AAWW memories!!!
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva
Ah... the fun of having a sister to share that memory (and marathon) with! :-)
I LOVE THE BOOKS SITLL READ THEM AT 24 can i join you on that marathon plsssssssssssssssssssssssssssss hanah jsut buy me a ticket and ill cuddly up with u and viv and watch them
And this is the EXACT reason we are kindred spirits. You know my love for Anne....
Jealous of your marathon. I wished I lived near so I could join. I may have to do my own here in WI. :)
Okay, how did I miss the "shout out" before I responded? I guess I was so excited to see the Anne post I had to respond ASAP!
YES!!!! Madeline and I would LOVE to go to PEI with you and Viv. I could mark two things off of my bucket list (Visit PEI and meet Hannah and Viv). :)
Seriously, let's get the girls a little older and then let's plan a trip! I'd LOVE it!
Hi Hannah! Kelsey & I watched the 3 Anne movies while she was home on break...we're both Anne fans, relating to the concepts of kindred spirits and bosom friends and many other Anne-isms. xoxo
don't get me started about my anne love...it is my happiest of happys!
Big Anne Sighs. I LOVE her so much and have literally watched the series 100s of times. LOVE IT!
i love anne too...my daughter is cordelia...the name anne wanted to be called and i am also canadian, need i say more!
Post a Comment